|08-17-2011, 03:06 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2011
Calibre Library on DVD
I am using Calibre Portable. Meanwhile, I have four DVDs of my ebooks.
How can I put the Calibre Library folder on DVD and ask my calibre program to use the Calibre Library folder on DVD?
It seems the Calibre program tries to update the metadata.db on the DVD that is set to read-only and shows an error.
Is there any modifications that I should apply on Calibre Portable files to achieve such flexibility?
Your solutions are highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
|08-17-2011, 03:12 PM||#2|
Well trained by Cats
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: (The original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
DVD is a good Backup (snap shot) media for your Library.
|08-17-2011, 04:07 PM||#3|
Join Date: Feb 2011
This forum is like chat. Fortunately, I found a solution which works perfectly. Here are the steps you need to take:
1) Create a folder called CalibreMetadata in Calibre folder.
2) Copy the Metadata.db file to this folder.
3) Make sure you have CalibreLibrary folder on the DVD which holds the books plus the metadata.db file.
4) Copy Calibre-Portable.bat from resource folder to Calibre folder.
5) Make sure of the following setting in Calibre-Portable.bat
IF EXIST %cd%\CalibreMetadata\metadata.db (
IF NOT "%CALIBRE_LIBRARY_DIRECTORY%" == "%cd%\CalibreMetadata" (
SET CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH=%cd%\CalibreMetadat a\metadata.db
ECHO DATABASE: %cd%\CalibreMetadata\metadata.db
ECHO ***CAUTION*** Library Switching will be disabled
Please notice that CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH is set the to CalibreMetadata.
6) Run the Calibre program by running Calibre-Portable.bat.
7) When Calibre loads it will ask for the Library path then choose the library path from your DVD.
But the Calibre Library switching will be disabled.
It worked for me as well.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Newbie ? How do I turn My Library to Calibre Library||GaelicForce||Library Management||9||02-09-2011 08:36 PM|
|Importing the Calibre library into the Sony Reader Library||Fortissimo||Reading and Management||0||02-02-2011 02:18 PM|
|How to direct Library books to Calibre instead of Sony Reader Library||onebookie||Calibre||3||07-19-2010 11:31 AM|
|Compare calibre library with ereader library||Danthier||Calibre||3||06-15-2010 11:58 PM|