|08-20-2011, 03:02 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2010
Best large E Ink reader
I have a iRex DR800 that is slowly dying on me. I'd like to replace it with something similar.
* E Ink - I'm not interested in TFT/LCD/OLED etc readers; E Ink only
* Large size - 8-inches diagonally at absolute minimum, but nothing insane. A4 is about as large as I want to go.
* Good PDF support - This is for reading screenplays and they only come as PDFs.
* I'm not interested in WiFi or 3G; I'll take them if that's all that's available but I'm not fussed about it.
* Annotation features - this is purely for reading
* Extraneous features like MP3 playing etc.
* Anything tied into "stores" - no Kindles for example.
I can wait a few months if there's anything good coming out soon; but it has to be something that *is actually coming out*. The eReader market seems ripe with vapourware that never actually appears.
|08-20-2011, 03:53 PM||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Device: Kobo H20, Nexus 5, HP Touchpad, Nexus 7.
Take a look at this thread which is effectively exploring the same question:
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|E-reader with large display mainly for PDFs :?||m1rtinski||Which one should I buy?||35||08-06-2011 04:11 PM|
|which large screen e-ink reader?||Shevek0506||Which one should I buy?||1||06-10-2011 08:03 AM|
|Trying to pick a large sized E-reader||Nick_Djinn||Which one should I buy?||11||01-28-2011 08:55 AM|
|best large-screen e-reader for attorney?||NoxiousExtract||Which one should I buy?||12||08-14-2010 07:57 PM|
|Large Screen Reader||Majorix||Which one should I buy?||3||10-06-2009 09:51 PM|