Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
sliming
sliming began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Number items renumber in Kindle

I am using Calibre to convert my (.DOC) HTML ZIP to MOBI output. All formating and TOC is working and looks great! The only exception is number items. My book has lots of step by step instructions with pictures in between. For example:

1. Step 1
2. Step 2

Picture

3. Step 3
4. Step 4

The converted .mobi file results as follows:

1. Step 1
2. Step 2

Picture

1. Step 3
2. Step 4

Was there a setting I missed to prevent the renumbering?
sliming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliming View Post
I am using Calibre to convert my (.DOC) HTML ZIP to MOBI output. All formating and TOC is working and looks great! The only exception is number items. My book has lots of step by step instructions with pictures in between. For example:

1. Step 1
2. Step 2

Picture

3. Step 3
4. Step 4

The converted .mobi file results as follows:

1. Step 1
2. Step 2

Picture

1. Step 3
2. Step 4

Was there a setting I missed to prevent the renumbering?
I don't think so.
IIRC Ordered Lists in HTML are supposed to start over if broken up.
Not all viewers honor the value when forced <li value="3">
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 08-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
sliming

Mobipocket Creator didn't have this problem. There is a start=3 value set in the tag <ol style='margin-top:0in' start=3 type=1> so it must be ignoring this value.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
sliming

Editing the HTML code and removing the break appears to solve the problem. It would be nice if the start value was used in Calibre.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliming View Post
Editing the HTML code and removing the break appears to solve the problem. It would be nice if the start value was used in Calibre.
Fixed in next release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
sliming

Sublists within a list breaks the short term solution. Manually need to do some edits. Good to know your looking into it.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
sliming

Just tested the latest update. The line items are fixed. Thanks!