Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
kpetzing
kpetzing began at the beginning.

Device: none
Anyway to save the Collection of an archived book?

I have about 800 "books" on my Kindle, partially because I don't remove things I've read because I noticed that when I archive a book and bring it back, it doesn't put it back into the collection I had it in. Plus I better know the name of the book if I want to find it at all in the archive to reload it. And the Kindle management online doesn't allow any sort of useful search that I can see, as it only seems to have title/author and I'd like to search by fiction or history or whatever (like I have made collections in my Kindle).

Is there any way around this? Or soemthing that I'm missing that makes de-archiving things less tedious?
kpetzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
My only suggestion would be to maintain your main library in Calibre rather than on the Kindle. It's an infinitely more flexible tool for library management.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
kpetzing
kpetzing began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've used Calibre but just to change formats before. So it keeps things in collections even if you archive them?
kpetzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
There's a collections plug-in for Calibre which will do a good job of looking after your collections.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:47 AM   #5
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Weird, I've done the same and it goes back in the collection I had it in. And I was trying not to do that lol. I redid my collections and wanted to start from scratch.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote