Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #1
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Turned to the dark side...

After 3+ glorious years, today I decided to set my trusty Sony 505 aside (blue, and still working perfectly) and buy a Kindle 3G + WiFi. Crazy, I know, but I've embraced it.

Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #2
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Congrats, but why crazy? I got a few devices and I see lots of people around here have multiple devices as well. Not a single one of them can be called "perfect". So why not experience a few?

lol Enjoy the K - your Sony won't get jealous.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #3
SpookyMunky
SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
how can amazon be classed as the dark side vs sony ? haha.. forget all the lates anti sony...doesnt anyone remember the cd drive they were working on for nintendo then made it into ps1 then year later made the ps1 dual cd drive / burner version, literally screwing over every game dev.. they joined the darkest side a long time ago, thats why they are so anti piracy now, no game devs trusted them... besides the point.. what exactly did amazon do ?

edit: I would go so far as to say sony were the biggest pro active pirate company ever to have graced this earth

Last edited by SpookyMunky; 08-14-2011 at 03:26 AM.
SpookyMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Welcome to the dark side!
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
I thoroughly enjoy my Kindle, I also got one for my wife a daughter.

I may be getting a 4th one for my son but I think I'll let him
buy one for his GF/my Future daughter in law on his own.
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Those Sony 505's were awesome machines.

Enjoy your new Kindle. I'm not a brand specific fanatic myself but right now I enjoy the Kindles. I really don't get these "reader wars." I've seen people debate politics and religion in a calmer manner than some people seem to feel about their reading machines.

And my Kindle and the nook color live happily together in our house.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
aceflor
Constant Angel
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: This one, and that one too
Congrats on your new Kindle, but keep the 505, you get to enjoy PRC/MOBI and EPUBs. Good for you ! Both devices are really, really good, so you made perfect choices.

I enjoy the diversity of e-readers, and I too cannot for the life of me understand the readers war.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Enjoy your new Kindle, it is a great ereader.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies.

Cookies????

I Love Cookies
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyMunky View Post
how can amazon be classed as the dark side vs sony ? haha
If you never had a 505, you just wouldn't understand.

Thanks all, really enjoying the Kindle so far, but hating reformatting and transferring hundreds of books.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #12
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - 3G, Fire HD2, Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
After 3+ glorious years, today I decided to set my trusty Sony 505 aside (blue, and still working perfectly) and buy a Kindle 3G + WiFi. Crazy, I know, but I've embraced it.

I did the same thing last year. I was happy with the Sony and I am happy with the Kindle.

It's all about the reading.

I ended up giving my Sony to my daughter in law. Then, last month, I gave my son my Kindle 3 Wifi and got the Kindle 3G + Wifi KSO.

It's still all about the reading.

Dean
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #13
DreamWriter
Wizard
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
I have a Kindle, and I love it! I'd like to have an ePub reader too. They're all good!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Flip! What the zip? There's cookies? All I got was a kick in the shins from the delivery guy.

...I want cookies. Preferably oatmeal.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #15
philandjan
Trainee Old Git
philandjan doesn't litterphilandjan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Y View Post
I thoroughly enjoy my Kindle, I also got one for my wife a daughter.
That sounds like an interesting swap!

philandjan is offline   Reply With Quote