Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
peeam
peeam began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 70
Calibre crashes when Archos 70 tablet is connected

I have been using Calibre for the last 10 months without any problems. I use it to manage my Sony e-reader as well as Archos 70 tablet. Since last week, when I connect archos to the PC by USB, Calibre tries to read the books on the device and then freezes, eventually crashing. Without connecting the device, Caibre works fine. Is there a way to stop Calibre reading the files on Archos ? Or, should I uninstall it and then try rei-nstalling ? I have Calibre on 2 PCs and the same thing is happening on both.
Thanks

Peeam
peeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeam View Post
I have been using Calibre for the last 10 months without any problems. I use it to manage my Sony e-reader as well as Archos 70 tablet. Since last week, when I connect archos to the PC by USB, Calibre tries to read the books on the device and then freezes, eventually crashing. Without connecting the device, Caibre works fine. Is there a way to stop Calibre reading the files on Archos ? Or, should I uninstall it and then try rei-nstalling ? I have Calibre on 2 PCs and the same thing is happening on both.
Thanks

Peeam
Find you device in Preferences: Plugins: device interface plugins: disable

I suspect that there is damage to the filesystem on your device.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 08-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
peeam

Thanks. I will delete the ebook folder from the archos tablet and then try to hook up with caibre again.

One question- Calibre reads the archos 70 as 'android phone' even though the plug-in for archos 70 is enabled. Any way to change that ?
Old 08-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->plugins and disable the android plugin
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
peeam

Great to hear from the developer !

I did disable the android device plug-in and left the archos plug-in enabled. However, now the archos 70 is not detected and I have to use connect/share to connect to the archos folder.

Thanks for your help

Puneet
Old 08-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
then your archos is intended to be detected by the android plugin.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote