Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Just4Fun
Enthusiast
Just4Fun began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle/iphone/ipad/Pocket Entourage/MacBook/Windows
Pocket Edge Library Book Cover Question

Hello:

I purchased a Pocket Edge from Woot. Had to return the first as it gave me the white screen. Woot was wonderful about it and now I have a new Edge that seems to be working fine.

I have added some books to the library. When I select books I do not see the book covers only a generic book icon for each book. All book icons are the same.

My question is: "Can I set the book covers somehow within the library to display the book's jpg or png or ?"

Can't find anything about doing this in the docs or via internet search.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm really enjoying the design of this unit. Never thought I'd use the lcd much, but like many others have mentioned, I'm finding that I use it more than I thought I would.

TIA
Just4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Do you mean when you tap the Library icon, then tap the (generic) book icon all the books have the same blue icon? If so, that's odd. Unless you are looking in Storage (pull down menu top left) within the Library interface?

On mine I see 3 books across and as many as I have down. All show a cover of some kind, although it takes a moment for the covers to appear, and I see the generic blue until they do.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 08-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Just4Fun
Enthusiast

Thanks. For trying to help. I am actually asking about the genaric book cover that displays initially for all library books. The brown book icon. Id like my books to display their actual covers when the. Library is opened. This is what the Kindle Reader software does on a desk top computer. Open library __ go book tab__ see book cover on lcd screen.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
My books also show up like Filark's. They show the first page of the e-book. Are you sure your looking at the books from the built in Library app? In addition are you running Ermine, perhaps this could be a difference between the different versions of the edge's OS.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
Just4Fun
Enthusiast

Hmmm. Guess I'm seeing something unusual. Thanks for trying. I will keep trying to troubleshoot all of the 3X3 generic blue book icons.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:58 AM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4Fun View Post
Hmmm. Guess I'm seeing something unusual. Thanks for trying. I will keep trying to troubleshoot all of the 3X3 generic blue book icons.
Where are you getting the books from? Can you see the covers on your PC/Mac? Is everything else working??

It's very strange . . .

(I do like your name!! )
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote