Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
ttomm46
Connoisseur
ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
how is the prs 300?

cheap at walmart 99 bucks..can order online and get a cover and light for the same..My biggest concern is reading in in direct room lighting and i read it doesn't show a whole page at a time without turning the page

is it worth it....?....is the cover and light from walmart online all that great...durability is another factor
ttomm46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
RajS
Enthusiast
RajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-950
PRS 350 - yes, definitely.

PRS-300 - no, I wouldn't recommend. They used a touchscreen layer on that which added reflectivity. The 350/650/950 uses and infra red touchscreen so it's not so shiny.
RajS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
i saw a 350 for 79 in a radioshack. best to look around for the pearl screen version.
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; iPad air; Kindle PW2
Actually RajS--The 300 doesn't come with a touchscreen. The 300 is similar to the 505--but with a 5" screen, and no expansion slot. It's a good reader, but dated technology. $99 seems a little high for it. I'd keep my eyes open for a good deal on a 350 instead.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T3, Kindle 3, iPad2, Nexus7v2
Regardless of price it is a fine ereader. I still use mine for "away" reading and though the displayed text is not as dark as my PRS-650, it is still a most enjoyable ereader to use.
sabredog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
soondai
Fanatic
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a few
It is my e-ink reader and I get good use out of it. No way I'd recommend you spend anywhere near 100 on it at this point, though. No dictionary, old screen tech, doesn't justify text. None of those really bug me, but I sure wish there were more than 3 font size settings.

Got mine a year ago when Target cleared them out at 75 bucks. Really surprised you can't find them for considerably cheaper than that. Maybe when the new models come out and the 300 is officially 2 generations out of date.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote