Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
RuthK
RuthK began at the beginning.

Device: kobo tough
Problem with Kobo touch

I am signing on here as I have a problem with my Kobo touch and a blank screen when I plugged it in to charge. Any suggestions?
RuthK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:43 AM   #2
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
Could you describe the issue(s) in greater detail? What happens when you unplug? My KT is not usable (for reading) when it is plugged in -- I assume this is by design?
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthK View Post
I am signing on here as I have a problem with my Kobo touch and a blank screen when I plugged it in to charge. Any suggestions?
Don't know if this like what you mean but when my kobo touch battery was "dead" and said to charge i plugged it into my computer the screen went "black" but when i turned the kobo on a angle it said to charge it but it was blacked out. If thats what you mean i assume thats normal since when i unplugged it the kobo turned back on and it worked perfectly after that
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
When my KT runs out of power while I'm reading, the screen just goes blank. If I then plug it in to charge, I get a black screen. At that point I usually power it on, then put it into Sleep mode, and it continues to charge while showing the battery meter icon on the screen so I can monitor it.

If I want to keep reading while charging, I can - no problem. In fact I have a small portable USB charger/spare-battery that I carry in my bag. If I run out of power on the go I just plug the KT into that and keep on reading. I can still hold it in one hand, holding the portable charger against the back of the KT with the USB cable hanging below. Cost me $10 at a local store (sort of like this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2200mah...le-black-44914)

Some people have mentioned that the KT will display a low battery warning message telling you to recharge, but apparently it only appears if the unit was in Sleep mode when it ran low on power. If my KT runs out of power while it's off, it just won't turn on again (the blue LED on top next to the power slider flashes on briefly, then nothing).

Last edited by FJames; 08-08-2011 at 05:00 PM.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistos View Post
My KT is not usable (for reading) when it is plugged in -- I assume this is by design?
When you plug it in (either directly to a charger cable or via a USB cable) it should come up with an option to connect to computer or cancel. If you choose cancel you can keep reading. If you choose "connect" it will let the Kobo show up as a drive on your computer. Either way it should continue charging.

Last edited by robko; 08-08-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Corrected to what KT says vs what KW said
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
When you plug it in (either directly to a charger cable or via a USB cable) it should come up with an option to connect to computer or cancel. If you choose cancel you can keep reading. If you choose "connect" it will let the Kobo show up as a drive on your computer. Either way it should continue charging.
Right. I meant that it's not usable when you select "connect".
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistos View Post
Right. I meant that it's not usable when you select "connect".
Aaahhhh - I see where you were going with that now.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote