Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
josnic
josnic began at the beginning.

Device: none
Case cover?

Hi,

I'm planning to order Kobo Touch from amazon and wondering if a case cover is recommended for this device or not. If so, any suggestions which cover is the best?

(I hate buying electronics online but I cant seem to find this product in aussie)
josnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
Byron4120
Enthusiast
Byron4120 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by josnic View Post
Hi,

I'm planning to order Kobo Touch from amazon and wondering if a case cover is recommended for this device or not. If so, any suggestions which cover is the best?

(I hate buying electronics online but I cant seem to find this product in aussie)
If in US near a borders - You can buy the touch with a big discount -- I paid $97.50 in Oregon. As to a case - I bought a nice Casecrown case at Amazon (fold over type). It offers protection from the pointy objects that might touch the screen. Also I find the back to be great for holding my reading light. It does offer a bit more weight but also easier to hold for those long reads at night. The sleeves are probably OK but the lack of rigid protection bothered me. I did see a rigid envelope type that fit the Wifi model better - But a little too big. I do prefer to cary integrated unit rather than two things (Kobo touch and case).

Good luck!
Byron4120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #3
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
Lightwedge's advice for KT cover

KT doesn't fit my KWiFi flip-type cover so I'm looking for a similar cover for KT, esp bound in non-slip canvas rather than "leather". Tip: a search at Google Images is a great way to see the selection really quickly. I homed in on Lightwedge, had a question, got this email reply:
Thank you for contacting us....

Your Kobo Touch will work with our Artist Series covers, Neopreene Hoodie Covers and Verso Zip 6" Cover.

All our products can be found on our website at www.lightwedge.com
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Another aussie here - I'm waiting for my kobo Touch from Borders, and I've ordered a CaseCrown Regal Flip case in black, as I want black next to the screen. It seems to provide maximum protection around the sides, and apparently, reading other posts, the Touch case clings to the inside of the Regal case and it doesn't slip out of the top. I don't like the look of the corner straps on other cases.
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: HTC Desire w/Aldiko, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joybells View Post
I don't like the look of the corner straps on other cases.
That was my rationale for buying the CaseCrown Regal for my Kobo Touch. Most of the other cases I could find had the corner straps which obscured the power switch. I've also been able to handle the Regal case for the iPad 2 and was very pleased with the fit and finish.

Being able to get it shipped to .au for ~$22 AUD was another plus.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:48 AM   #6
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
I went to Borders, B&N, Target, and BestBuy and at the latter found an acceptable and quite cozy cover for my KT: M-Edge Go! Jacket--Nook Touch. No problem with height (Nook is also 6.5") or width (Nook is .5" wider but KT fits well anyway. The top right corner holder interferes with the power slider but isn't necessary to hold the KT in securely.

The Go! is not the non-slip canvas I was looking for but the mock leather feels good, edges are rounded and comfortable, and the inside lining is a suede that looks kind to a touch display.

US$34.99 but I got $7 off for some reason.

Online I liked the looks of the Case Crown/Regal mentioned by others but decided against it because it looked like the closure tab would interfere with holding and working the KT with my right hand.

Last edited by GvilleBridge; 08-10-2011 at 01:51 AM.
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:53 AM   #7
Toastedpine
Connoisseur
Toastedpine doesn't litterToastedpine doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joybells View Post
Another aussie here - I'm waiting for my kobo Touch from Borders, and I've ordered a CaseCrown Regal Flip case in black, as I want black next to the screen. It seems to provide maximum protection around the sides, and apparently, reading other posts, the Touch case clings to the inside of the Regal case and it doesn't slip out of the top. I don't like the look of the corner straps on other cases.
More than the look of it, the straps partially block access to the power bar. It's a small inconvenience, but considering how much I tend to wake the reader throughout the day, it irks me. I've tried unstrapping the upper right corner, but that make the Kobo hang diagonally. I don't like reading at a slant.
Toastedpine is offline   Reply With Quote