Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
Question Screen Protector

Has anyone put a screen protector on their Kobo Touch? I have had mine since June 10 and it seems to be getting scratched so I was going to put one on. Thoughts?
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
I have not but am also curious about this. Not sure if it would interfere with the touch screen though.
feedbakbwr is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 08-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
What the heck are you doing to your screen to scratch it? I have a 650 and there is not a scratch on the screen. You don't need a screen protector if you take reasonable care.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Archos 70IT and Acer 200 (Android Kobo App), KT
Someone elsewhere on the forum suggested using the plastic overlay that came with the Kobo. Certainly be the cheapest option!
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
I ordered one just the other day from Skinomi.com. They claim that it doesn't affect the responsiveness of the screen and offer a lifetime warranty on it. It appears to be the same material as the Zagg line of screen protectors. I love the Zagg screen guard on my Iphone, it has definitely saved my screen. The problem is that Zagg doesn't make screen protectors for the Kobo.

I don't know if a screen protector is absolutely necessary but because I take my Kobo with me a lot I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Jeff
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
I had a Zagg for my android phone and while it was ridiculously tough, the glue dried up after 2 months.

For the Kobo, look into the laptop screen protectors, then just cut it to fit. They come with a protective backing (like a sticker) so you can test fit it before you actually stick it on.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/
That's where I get my skins from now. They already make skins for the kindle and playbook, so maybe Kobo is coming up soon?

edit: http://www.bestskinsever.com/diy-skins
There

Last edited by m_bisson; 08-03-2011 at 09:35 PM.
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Why wouldn't you just buy the cover from Zagg? The screen size is almost identical (The Kindle is a little smaller)
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
IamARobot
Enthusiast
IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Another vote for Best Skins Ever. Same stuff as Invisible Shield from Zagg but way cheaper.
IamARobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What the heck are you doing to your screen to scratch it? I have a 650 and there is not a scratch on the screen. You don't need a screen protector if you take reasonable care.
Nothing really. I put a gift card in the pocket of the cover and it seems to have scratched the screen just a little. Won't do that again.
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:50 AM   #10
jencymikki
jencymikki began at the beginning.

Device: none
Through my own experience (I have installed many screen protectors), Get a credit card, Put a cloth around the bottom of the credit card (Any cloth, but something with thick fibres), line up the screen protector on your phone using the top as a guide to it being in line, then rub over the screen protector with the credit card with a cloth on the credit card, to squeeze out any air.

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 08-09-2011 at 07:58 AM. Reason: External link removed by moderator.
jencymikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
I have a 650 with a Pearl screen and you don't need a screen protector. It's a waste of money. Just make sure your reader is in a good cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I agree with JSWolf on this one. I have a Sony 350 with the Sony cover (I do have a band I put around it to make sure it stays closed) & I carry it in my Tom Biehn bag everywhere. I have no scratches on it.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote