Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 05-17-2015, 02:03 AM   #1
girossapoh
girossapoh began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to view damaged or corrupted pdf files?

I have a user that has been downloading PDF files and is unable to open them because they are corrupt. This does not happen all the time to the user, but he is the only one in his department with this problem. The others would download the same file and is able to open the same file. He has the latest version of Adobe Reader and updates. Something new that I have done is install a 4 port giga bit switch which he needs for a network printer in his office. Could the PDFs being downloaded have anything to do with that new switch I installed? Or could it just be a problem with Vista?
girossapoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:55 AM   #2
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, iPad
Can whoever deleted the other recent threads like this please PM me?
willus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 05-17-2015, 03:33 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Threads would have been dropped by one of the green mods....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
That seems like a load of hogwash to me. I've never had a corrupt download just because the network was overloaded. I've had slow downloads or dropped downloads, but if they finished and nothing was wrong with the source, it was good to go. I don't see why a slow network would cause corruption. If that's the case, there there is something seriously wrong with your T1 that needs to be sorted. It's a lot more serious than just clogged bandwidth.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:29 PM   #5
eschwartz
Suspended
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
willus, It is sufficient to report the thread as spam, one of the Men in Green will be by soon. JSWolf, that is why its spam...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:15 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
It does seem that on a repeated basis we get spam for a PDF toolkit. I'm actually also suspicious about the originator of this thread in that the other posting (since deleted) almost read like it was the same poster just using a different ID for the followup post.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:26 AM   #7
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
It does seem that on a repeated basis we get spam for a PDF toolkit. I'm actually also suspicious about the originator of this thread in that the other posting (since deleted) almost read like it was the same poster just using a different ID for the followup post.
Precisely. Sock-puppeting is the term I've seen for that kind of thing.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdf