Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5 Paperwhite and a Simple touch Nook
Legacy of Aldenta

Would someone explain the Legacy of Aldenta series by John Ringo. When I look at the library on his web site there is a series called Legacy of Aldenta with several series under that heading. How are the various Aldenta series related? Does one series come before the others? I have read A hymn before battle and I will go back to reading Gust Front as soon as I finish with the Empire of Man, thus I am not really familiar with the make up of the aldenta series. Where does the name Aldenta come from in the series?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
I assume you mean Legacy of the Aldenata. If so, there's a reasonable exhaustive Wiki article here.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I understand what the wiki is saying and I have read it over several times. However what it has not said is what is the relationship between the aldenta series? From the looks of the wiki it leads me to believe that the polseen war is the first of the aldenta books while the others follow shortly there after or a while there after. What I need explained is something that the wiki does not address.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
01 - A Hymn Before Battle
02 - Gust Front
03 - When the Devil Dances
04 - Hells Faire
05 - Eye of the Storm
06 - Watch on the Rhine
07 - Yellow Eyes
08 - The Tuloriad
09 - Cally's War
10 - Sister Time
11 - Honor of the Clan
12 - The Hero (spin-off with Michael Z. Williamson)

"The first four novels cover the Posleen War in which the Posleen invade Earth. Another novel, Cally's War, takes up the story a few decades later; The Hero is set nearly a thousand years later. Watch on the Rhine takes place immediately after Gust Front and extends until March 2008, with the very last chapter taking place at some unspecified point far after the end of Hell's Faire but prior to the beginning of The Hero."

From ebookee.org.

I've not read the series myself, but that came from the first page of results after googling "legacy aldenata timeline". If no-one else chimes in, it should really only take you minutes to dig deeper.

Last edited by Belfaborac; 05-02-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Sounds like a toothpaste commercial ......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I cook my pasta Aldenta.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #7
jbcohen
Wizard

It does carpet dosen't it?