|09-15-2011, 10:46 AM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2011
Device: Kindle 3
Getting Collection in Order.
A lot of my e-books consist of series, but I can't get them to be in the correct order on my Kindle 3. What can I do on Calibre to get them in order?
|09-15-2011, 12:02 PM||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA, 33.938556° N, -117.271334° W
Device: Kindles 2, KB, PW 1, PW 2, Voyage, & Fire 2. Also an iPad mini.
here's how i do it
1. set the preferences to 'use author sort for author'
2.set in preferences, author sort last, first
3. then for each author set false publication dates in the metadata to newest date first oldest date last to establish the display order when on the kindle.
4. then upload the altered files to the k3 using calibre's 'send to device' function
5. after this when the kindle displays the contents of the kindle in author order it does so by author's last name
6. and then within each author it displays the books in the false pub date order the newest first down to the oldest last.
|09-15-2011, 09:26 PM||#3|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Some plugboards in here work pretty good
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Collection order in PRS-505||Dster||Calibre||5||11-09-2009 07:30 PM|
|Books Not Appearing in Proper Order in Collection||Marcy||Calibre||4||11-02-2009 01:02 PM|
|Collection (via Calibre) out of order?||Trauma Doll||Sony Reader||2||12-27-2008 11:56 PM|
|Book order in a collection using Libprs||stustaff||Calibre||13||12-03-2007 01:21 PM|
|Is there any way to change the order of the books in a "Collection"?||kaufman||Sony Reader||8||11-22-2006 12:14 PM|