Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Jakson567
Jakson567 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Library Transfers and other inane questions

Hi all,

If anyone ever told you theres no such thing as a dumb question....they lied to yer face. And I'm here to prove it ) First off, thanks to everyone for making this forum so informative and enjoyable. I got my PE at the 2nd woot off and have been reading this forum ever since. I havent found any info pertaining to my question, (doesnt mean its not there ) so if I missed it, sorry for any repetition.
Is there any advantage (other than a larger library) to transferring your info to a microSD card? I dont think that the addition of a SD card would increase the app allowance and the microSD card could just be used for storage. I'm asking mainly because I would use the card for other things if it wasnt the main storage on my PE.
Thanks again for the great site and all the help ) more dumb ?'s to follow

Definition of Irony
My buddy brought over his digital calipers (really cool) so I could get an exact measurement of the screens for a screen protector. As he was measuring, he dropped one end of the calipers on my LCD screen. Dead center. Put a little hole right in the screen. Right before it happened, I SWEAR I heard a little voice ( think it was God) say "Jack, check this out" My buddy felt horrible. I couldnt stop laughing (after I stopped crying)

Pocket Edge=$120
Sdcard=$25
Case=$12
look on my buddy's face after he f'd up my screen=priceless
Jakson567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
OUCH! To answer your question I'm pretty sure the PE automatically transfers all of your apps to the MicroSD card when you install it, using the built in storage for system files only (effectively making the vast majority of the built in storage useless from then on).

I'm pretty sure the general consensus is to not bother with the MicroSD card unless you manage to fill up the internal storage because of this exact reason.

I'm not 100% on how it works exactly as I'm as new to this as you are. I read a couple of threads about it but that was before I had any kind of idea as to how Droid's (linux's) file system works...
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakson567 View Post
Hi all,

If anyone ever told you theres no such thing as a dumb question....they lied to yer face. And I'm here to prove it ) First off, thanks to everyone for making this forum so informative and enjoyable. I got my PE at the 2nd woot off and have been reading this forum ever since. I havent found any info pertaining to my question, (doesnt mean its not there ) so if I missed it, sorry for any repetition.
Is there any advantage (other than a larger library) to transferring your info to a microSD card? I dont think that the addition of a SD card would increase the app allowance and the microSD card could just be used for storage. I'm asking mainly because I would use the card for other things if it wasnt the main storage on my PE.
Thanks again for the great site and all the help ) more dumb ?'s to follow

Definition of Irony
My buddy brought over his digital calipers (really cool) so I could get an exact measurement of the screens for a screen protector. As he was measuring, he dropped one end of the calipers on my LCD screen. Dead center. Put a little hole right in the screen. Right before it happened, I SWEAR I heard a little voice ( think it was God) say "Jack, check this out" My buddy felt horrible. I couldnt stop laughing (after I stopped crying)

Pocket Edge=$120
Sdcard=$25
Case=$12
look on my buddy's face after he f'd up my screen=priceless
also, if you need to reboot, etc some of your files remain on the microsd card instead. plus you can offload some programs onto sd. plus movies. plus music. plus pictures. plus....plus. ....plus
. i just put a little 4g in it
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote