Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MBA, DVP11
ebooks.connect.com down?

Is anyone else having trouble getting to the Sony ebook store?
http://ebooks.connect.com/

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong, like using the wrong URL again?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I just tried it. Yes, it's down.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 10-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 1, iPhone 5
It is down for me too. I hope it does come back up soon. I'll need to redownload my purchased books to put on the 505.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I guess they heard that Amazon was not getting into ebooks afterall, got scared, and decided to exit the business, too.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think Sony scares that fast, but it's a funny thought given how much Amazon is a book monster.

Actually, I'm hoping that it's due to unexpectedly high levels of demand for the 505! ;-)
Old 10-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, it's due to the DNS being screwed.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #7
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Unable to access eBook Store -100

What causes this? I run CONNECT without errors, but when I try to look at the book store it says I'm not connected to the Internet. Which, of course, I am. This worked a couple weeks ago, but I don't think I've changed anything. With the new PRS 505, I hope we see a Sony store that's a straight web site. Being tied to this stupid CONNECT program is for the birds.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #8
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

It's the web site. Jon says it's DNS issues.
Let's continue this discussion here...
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14777
Old 10-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #9
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

RSaunders points out that you get an "Unable to connect to the store Error: -100" type message. (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14779)
Old 10-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #10
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

Okay, already it appears to be working. That was fast!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Yes it was fast. It was the DNS as I was unable to get an IP from the DNS and it was an almost instant error when trying to connect. I have the IP saved now in case it happens again as long as the IP is the same it'll work.