|07-18-2011, 10:04 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Device: Kobo Touch
Likely (was Possible) v1.9.6 firmware bug
For the record:
- I rarely connect my Kobo Touch to a computer. Usually I sideload books. However, whenever I do connect my Kobo to a computer, I always disconnect it properly - I disconnect the USB device in Windows before unplugging the cable.
- I have submitted a ticket with Kobo Customer Care.
- I updated my Kobo Touch firmware from v1.9.5 to v1.9.6 over wifi on Saturday
- sideloaded a bunch of books on Saturday and Sunday, everything was working fine
- powered on my Kobo Touch on Monday morning, and got an "Internal Storage" error.
Since then, I have followed the following process 5 times, and every time I get the same behaviour:
- Powered off the Kobo Touch
- removed the microSD card
- Powered on the Kobo Touch
- performed a factory reset
- once factory reset has completed, powered on the Kobo Touch
- connected it to my PC, running Kobo Desktop v2.0.3
- upgraded firmware to 1.9.6
- disconnected from PC properly (disconnect USB device in Windows before unplugging cable)
- waited for firmware to install
- once firmware has installed, powered off the Kobo Touch
- powered on the Kobo touch, and read the 2 default books - the Quick Guide and Read On books - so that my home page is the empty page.
- powered off the Kobo touch
- inserted the microSD card
- powered on the Kobo touch, waited for it to process the content.
- went to the Library, and selected a book - call it "book 1"
The behaviour I am seeing is this:
- while reading "book 1", if I go to the home page, it is shown as the most recently read book
- while reading "book 1", if I put the Kobo Touch to sleep, its cover is displayed and when I wake it up, it is shown as the most recently read book
==> when I power off the Kobo Touch, the cover for "book 1" is displayed. However, when I power on the Kobo Touch, I see the empty home page, and then it is populated as if it is re-processing the sideloaded books. As such, "book 1" is not on the home page at all.
I'm assuming this is a bug with the v1.9.6 firmware, as this behaviour did not occur with the v1.9.5 firmware (I had to do a factory reset after getting the "Internal Storage" error with the v1.9.5 firmware, too).
This procedure is completely reproducible (at least for me). I'll update this thread as I get info from Kobo ... just thought folks should know.
Last edited by cactustak; 07-19-2011 at 01:43 PM.
|07-19-2011, 01:13 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2011
Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
|07-19-2011, 01:41 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Device: Kobo Touch
Again, this issue only started happening after I had to do a factory reset and then apply v1.9.6.
And this is definitely a v1.9.6 issue, as I have since performed a factory reset and manually upgraded to the v1.9.5 firmware - home page is working properly after a power cycle.
So, I guess I'm staying on v1.9.5 until either I hear back from Kobo, or there's another firmware update.
|07-19-2011, 08:23 PM||#4|
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada
Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
I had a similar problem where the books I was reading were gone from the home page. I have tracked the problem to the date.
After doing a factory reset I loaded back my books. Then after it processed the books, I changed the date, because it had changed the Time Zone. After that every book I was reading was disappearing from the home screen, Because the books I had added previously had a newer date/time than the current one.
My guess is wait until you reach the previous date and they will stay there.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Embedded font bug or CSS bug in ADE||JSWolf||ePub||10||06-11-2011 03:34 PM|
|Bug Discovered in Sleep / Power Off - v1.4 Firmware||Ghoda||Kobo Reader||20||08-05-2010 10:56 AM|
|JBL firmware 16- same bug||Ron46||Ectaco jetBook||13||07-11-2010 02:48 PM|
|bug reports for the new firmware..||bokjeid||iRex||0||06-04-2010 09:35 AM|
|Firmware version 538 upgrade and bug fixes||HarryT||Bookeen||41||05-13-2008 02:39 PM|