Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Any cool covers out there?

I'm surprised that I haven't come across any cool cases considering how popular ereaders are. I have a plain black one that I'd like to replace to give my kindle some personality but I haven't found anything suitable. Most are either plain or too "feminine" (no offense).

I'd like one with zombies,robots, a green lantern logo, I don't know, just something with personality that fits my nerdy tastes. I'm surprised that places like Hot Topic or Spencer's doesn't even have anything.

Any suggestions for retailers to check out? I know they make "skins" but I'm really not keen on putting stickers on electronics.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle PW2, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Ooh, but they're not really "stickers." Not like the Garbage Pail Kids stickers I bought in packs when I was a kid. These skins feel great, look great, and remove cleanly. I've got a skin on everything except my Boox M90, and that's only because they aren't available for that unit.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 07-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
Martyd
Connoisseur
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Black,nexus 7
Try this thread.
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=covers
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
slkissinger
slkissinger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android
You can also search for "make your own Kindle 3 cover" in any search engine. There's a couple of step by step guides out there to 'make your own'. So, if you want Green Lantern, just find material that has the design you want, and make your own.

If you aren't 'crafty' to make your own (I'm not, I think I failed 'how to use elmer's glue' in Kindergarden), there are several people that'll make you one, if you pay for their time/materials/shipping.
slkissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
vega07
Enthusiast
vega07 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
Cool is subjective.

I think the New Yorker covers by M-edge are both classy and cool since I love the New Yorker.
vega07 is offline   Reply With Quote