Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
Dexmaster
Dexmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 *4Gb
Question What's "UPDATE ERROR: 12"

I have PW2 Japanese 4GB version, and it worked so great before 5.6.1 update.

Is there a proper way to downgrade it?

I've found that system won't delete update files if I reboot device while plugged in and but there is always problem.

I've tried a lot of versions.

First I've tried wrong versions for PW1 not PW2 and there was "UPDATE ERROR: 11" (I've found it was a wrong version later)

Now I think I've tried few right ones but I still get an error "UPDATE ERROR: 12"

Could someone just translate it to me what does it mean?
Dexmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O
That's FW >= 5.5.0 gently telling you that it won't allow downgrading .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexmaster View Post
- - - -
I still get an error "UPDATE ERROR: 12"

Could someone just translate it to me what does it mean?
!!DOWNGRADE ATTACK!!

Four days too early for "Remember the Arizonian".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Is your PW2 jailbroken with JB>=1.13? Because if so, you can still install hacks and run stuff as root.

In which case, it would remain possible to reboot in diags mode using Rescue Pack, ssh in and overwrite the main partition with images from an earlier firmware.

Warning: This is low-level stuff, don't do it if you don't really understand what I just said!
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #5
Dexmaster
Dexmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 *4Gb
No it wasn't jailbroken with JB>=1.13, it was earlier version than that.

Also the problem appeared because I forgot to switch off Wifi, and left it at home ))

Just lucky me I guess. )

Last edited by Dexmaster; 12-03-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Dexmaster is offline   Reply With Quote