Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2015, 01:51 PM   #1
erk
Enthusiast
erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.

Device: SONY PRS505
[k3] Enter debugOn/usbNetworking on k3 3g with broken screen?

I have a kindle3 (keyboard/3g) with broken screen that is jailbroken.

Since the screen is broken, I can't see the visual feedback for 'sym' key to enter the sequence to enable USB networking.

Can someone provide the series of blind key presses I would need?

Also, I had 'networking off' - can I turn this on from the Linux command-line? Is there a blind key sequence that would work?

Thank you.
erk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6, MS Surface Pro, N7
Moved to the dev forum, where such posts belong.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O
You could also simply enable USBNet-at-boot by dropping a blank 'auto' file in the usbnet folder .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #4
erk
Enthusiast
erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.

Device: SONY PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You could also simply enable USBNet-at-boot by dropping a blank 'auto' file in the usbnet folder .
Awesome! Thanks.

Now that i have the linux command-line, can I enable external networking?

I tried:
Quote:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.cmd wirelessEnable 1
and got:
Quote:
com.lab126.cmd failed to set value for property wirelessEnable (0x8 lipcErrNoSuchProperty)
erk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:06 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O
@erk: Must be doable, but no idea how. Check KoReader's source, it might be doing it properly in the network manager part of things.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote