Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
zuzulous
zuzulous began at the beginning.

Device: pocketeDGe
Pocket eDGe cases or skins?

I'm a new PE owner (another wooter) and new to e-readers, tablets, Android, etc. I'm frighteningly klutzy, and I'd like to get a carrying case or at least skin to protect my new toy. I'm also wondering about protecting the tablet screen, although I suppose using some kind of film or whatnot would render the touchscreen useless.

So, what sort of protection do you use?
zuzulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
muranternet
Connoisseur
muranternet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Sony PRS-300/Nook Color running CM7/P eDGe
I just cut a Zagg InvisibleShield for an iPad to the right size and applied it to the LCD. It seems to work well. Some people have complained about touch sensitivity loss and prefer thinner shields like the XO or Barnes & Noble Nook Color protectors, but I just like the Zaggs.

I toss mine into a Rocketfish generic e-reader lycra case. I'd like to put a skin on it if I could figure out how to build my own.
muranternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
zuzulous

muranternet: Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the shields you mentioned.

I've done a little searching about creating my own skins and will probably keep looking. If I come across anything that looks promising, I'll let you know.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzulous View Post
muranternet: Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the shields you mentioned.

I've done a little searching about creating my own skins and will probably keep looking. If I come across anything that looks promising, I'll let you know.
XO skins has custom screen protectors for the Edge.

http://xoskins.com/

Gelaskins will sell you a skin of your own design.

http://www.gelaskins.com/store/skins...ge_Pocket_eDGe
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
zuzulous

Thanks obsessed, will check those out!
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
cindyru
cindyru began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe
I purchased a skin through decalgirl.com for my recent eDGe purchase through woot, also. I have not received it but they offered them for the poecket eDGe.
cindyru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #7
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
I set up a thread for screen protectors a little while ago: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...een+protectors XO skins seems to be the favorite around here, but I'm going to cut out a cheap ipad protector.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
I'm a new PE owner (another wooter) and new to e-readers, tablets, Android, etc. I'm frighteningly klutzy, and I'd like to get a carrying case or at least skin to protect my new toy. I'm also wondering about protecting the tablet screen, although I suppose using some kind of film or whatnot would render the touchscreen useless.

So, what sort of protection do you use?
The archive "Accessories - Any word on Cases for the Pocket Edge?".

I use an 'At-A-Glance' leather zippered organizer from OfficeMax; was able to get one for the PE and one for the EE.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #9
zuzulous

cindyru: I have looked at the DecalGirl skins and am seriously considering that option. If anyone has DecalGirl skins and can comment on the quality, etc., I would love to hear it.

mokel: Thanks so much for linking that thread! I plan on just browsing a few local stores to see what they have in stock for screen protectors, and I think that information will help steer me in the right direction.

Gunner: That's another option I'm considering. Currently, I'm stowing my PE in an old At-A-Glance padfolio that originally held a spiral calendar/planner. It's a great size, but with no zipper to secure the PE, I've gone ghetto and am holding it in place with rubber bands on each side. I'm thinking of picking up some elastic from a fabric store and attempting to sew in some more permanent, less tacky straps.

Everyone: I just wanted to send some warm fuzzies out - this forum has already been an indispensable resource for me, especially when deciding whether or not to purchase the PE on the last woot sale. Thanks for being so welcoming and sharing all your knowledge and suggestions.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #10
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I have the DecalGirl skin on mine, it's great quality. I opted for the non-glossy finish.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #11
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
I have the decalgirl "Infinity" skin. http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/66663 Looks great, easy to apply. Go for the matte finish - less fingerprints, better grip. As for cases, I use a Targus TMS097 as my man-purse. Targus TMS097 Very roomy for the PE and has pockets for chargers etc.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #12
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I personally have Decal Girl skins on two Pocket Edges and a full size Edge. They are easy to apply and the matte finish virtually eliminates fingerprints. The matte finish is $5 extra but well worth the price.

PE cases that fit like a glove (without charger):

Rocket Fish Model: RF-LYCB01

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....egories&ks=960

Platinum Series - Case for Most 7" Tablet Mobile Phones (I own one of these).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....egories&ks=960
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #13
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
I have looked at the DecalGirl skins and am seriously considering that option. If anyone has DecalGirl skins and can comment on the quality, etc., I would love to hear it.
Another +1 for DecalGirl!
Got the composition one, looks just like the notebooks, especially on the EE!

They are on facebook as well; DecalGirl and post sales.

The PE is listed under "Tablets"; "enTourage Pocket eDGe Skins";
Whereas the EE is "Laptops & Netbooks"; "enTourage eDGe Skins".

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 07-13-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #14
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
for decal girl, try ILIKEDYOU for 15% or DECALS10 for 10%. Not sure which one works now. But give it a try.
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #15
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
I have the decalgirl "Infinity" skin. http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/66663 Looks great, easy to apply. Go for the matte finish - less fingerprints, better grip. As for cases, I use a Targus TMS097 as my man-purse. Targus TMS097 Very roomy for the PE and has pockets for chargers etc.
like the design, was deciding between that one for myself and the carbon black one.
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote