Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Gotta Improve Links to Endnotes

This request has been buried in other threads and I would like to accentuate this issue. It's great that links are supported, but in real life use they just don't work. People who own other devices that don't have this issue and have decided to give the Kobo a chance, may very well return the device because of this. This feature is important to many, so please get this working.

Like I mentioned in another thread, my NOOKtouch detects my finger on the link the first time, regardless of how small the text is. I've enlarged the text substantially on the Kobo and it still doesn't work as it should. Please put additional effort into fixing this. I know you all have much on your plate.

As always, the phenomenal timely fixes and additions are much appreciated!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Kobo
Can you give an example of a book where this navigation is poor?
mdclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong "

The links start in the Introduction. Thank you.

I've also encountered this issue in sideloaded books as well.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

I played around with this book and the only links that I had a little difficulty were the ones at the end of the line when I had my margins set to the smallest value. Otherwise links within the text worked fine for me. The chapter containing the notes is quite large in this book and most books with endnotes but I am able to go from text to endnote and back without any problems.

I find that if I touch my finger close to the underlined endnote link that it picks it up.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #5
joshmosh
Enthusiast
joshmosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
I have had issues with all the books I have tried so far. This is very annoying as sometimes I simply have to give up trying as my finger will be registered as a page turn or bring up the menu instead of clicking the link.
joshmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdclements View Post
I played around with this book and the only links that I had a little difficulty were the ones at the end of the line when I had my margins set to the smallest value. Otherwise links within the text worked fine for me. The chapter containing the notes is quite large in this book and most books with endnotes but I am able to go from text to endnote and back without any problems.

I find that if I touch my finger close to the underlined endnote link that it picks it up.
I don't know what to say as to why you're having success. Many of us are dissatisfied with this feature. I hope we can drill down to the cause of this inconsistency with users.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:22 AM   #7
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
I can't add anything new, but I'm also having problems with navigating hyperlinks/endnotes in kEPUBs and sideloaded EPUBs. Back when the firmware was 1.9.5, I was in touch with one of the Kobo devs over this, so I'm crossing my fingers and still hoping that hyperlink navigation is improved in subsequent firmware updates.

The strange thing is that not all my ebooks with hyperlinks fail to work in the same manner. Two I have refuse to follow hyperlinks at all, whereas one will follow the hyperlinks only to end up at the destination one page view off.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:25 AM   #8
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Similar issues with Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. The endnote links are a single * character, almost impossible to activate instead of turning the page or bringing up the menu instead.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:26 AM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
... whereas one will follow the hyperlinks only to end up at the destination one page view off.
I've encountered that as well.

Last edited by SCION; 07-17-2011 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
mdclements
Kobo Developer

We will continue to investigate ways to make this feature more accessible.