Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Had to do Factory Reset; all Awards gone

I had to do a hard factory reset, because the KT advised of some memory error. I did, and re-established my wifi; no problem, except...

Now, all my awards are gone. Sure, silly, but I liked them! Any way to get them back onto the KT? They show up on IoS devices, just not the KT itself, and yes, I did a sync by hitting the cloud.

And, if I touch the "awards" area, the KT freezes for about 45 seconds, and then shows no awards having been met.

Weird

Last edited by Wildgift; 07-10-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It may be related to a known issue they are working on. When someone in the beta group reported it, they suggested uninstalling and then reinstalling the kobo desktop from kobosetup.com. The beta group is using a different firmware, but it might be worth a try. They also suggested doing another factory rest before doing the new desktop part.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Too late now but I also had to do a factory reset due to the "eReader Storage Error". But I did the Kobo Desktop Synching before and after the factory reset. That saved my award status and then put it back.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
yeah, kobo told me to start with the default desktop and it worked
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
I got my Kobo about a month ago or so.

I think that at first I had no awards - then I seem to have lots of those.

And I don't really pay much attention to them. Guess I'm not so "advanced" as most people in here because I don't even know if these "awards" have a purpose other than be amusing?
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
No purpose other than to be amusing and competitive. I think Jane Goodall and crew called this kind of behavior "posturing".
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook HD+, Nexsus 7, Nook Glowlight, Paperwhite II, Kobo Glo
I am more concerned with having to do a factory reset and hope this doesn't become a common problem. If you have a large collection, you are going to be spending an hour or more reloading your library.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote