Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #16
readingglasses
Zealot
readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.

Device: (prospective) kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Isn't that reserved for Apple?
Yeah, please, no "revolutionary" (or god forbid, "magical") talk on non-apple just-gizmos-after-all.

At least just go with bill & ted's "excellent". It applies to everything.
readingglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #17
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Isn't that reserved for Apple?
Nah they can only be deevolutionary untill they uncripple the iphone/ipad etc and enable flash or their version of flash its not recolutionary.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #18
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
We aren't supposed to comment, at least on specifics. I will say it is going well and I remain happy that Kobo is so willing to make improvements and listen to customers.
Fair enough.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #19
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Egad.

I exchanged my first KoboTouch; multiple issues: Kobo Tier Two suggested an exchange.

So. I'm having issues just trying to get this new unit fired up. I encountered the Black Screen during the initial *charge up,* after being connected for ten minutes, with the "Read On" screen. I called Kobo; had to do a factory reset....the screen remained black for about two minutes, and then finally showed the "Powering On" screen.

I've been advised to charge for at least another hour before trying to connect to the desk top app.

But that Black Screen was very disconcerting.

We shall see....
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote