|09-26-2007, 05:59 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Device: iRex iliad
2.11 Update Problem
Anyone else had problems updating their iliad?
I went thru the normal process to do the update, the update downloaded then the system restarted. At the restart the whole thing froze. I waited about 5 minutes then decided that the only option was to try a reset (which your not supposed to do during an upgrade). It then restarted correctly and installed the software but I can tell you it was a major worry for a few minutes there.
|09-26-2007, 08:53 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bochum, Germany
Device: MP2K, iLiad
Same Problem here
The Iliad hang showing an inactive progress bar.
I waited for a hour, just to be sure, ejected CF and SD Cards and then reset the device. The update finished afterwards.
Since I just received the device from repair it was still vanilla.
|09-28-2007, 12:03 AM||#3|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Device: TrueSmart Watch/Onyx M92/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Another problem is after upgrade, the chinese language setting is missing. I can not support the chinese file name right now!
|09-28-2007, 02:40 AM||#5|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6
I didn't have a problem with the 2.11 update, but I did have a problem downloading the shell access package. I pressed the "Connect" button and the iLiad said that it couldn't connect to the network (highly unlikely to be true, since it's plugged into the same router as my PC which was happily downloading from the Internet at the time). I switched the iLiad off, but when I switched it on again I only got half the usual startup picture, with shifting bands of random "noise" down the right hand side of the screen. I switched off again, pressed the reset button and it started up normally. Plugged the hub back in and it successfully connected to the iDS and downloaded the shell access package.
|09-28-2007, 07:16 AM||#6|
Pac-Man catched my iLiad.
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany; next to Baltic Sea
Device: 1st gen iRex iLiad with 2nd ed. battery/case
same problem here
I got the same. iLiad didn't boot after download of software with inserted CF.
|09-28-2007, 10:40 AM||#7|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mississippi, USA
Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I had a problem downloading the release notes, which was apparently because I had the "documents" directory on the CF card. When I switched it back to the standard location all was well again. I could not download shell access until the release notes successfully downloaded - otherwise it would not have mattered much.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Author Sort problem after update||mug2k||Calibre||6||10-01-2010 08:46 AM|
|BOOKMARK PROBLEM WITH UPDATE 609||musteman||iRex||1||06-26-2010 08:29 PM|
|Problem after firmware update||zeniq||Astak EZReader||5||03-01-2010 09:01 PM|
|Update Problem||extanker59||Calibre||7||09-28-2008 02:40 PM|
|Update Problem and Dictionary Question||barryp||Sony Reader||8||09-22-2008 05:56 AM|