Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Leesterz
Leesterz began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Dualbook
Question Questions on MicroSD memory expansion

Hi, I just bought a PE and it is currently in the mail so was hoping to have a few questions answered before I get it.

First off, I am impressed to see such a strong community for this product! It's cool.

The memory is expandable through a MicroSD card. Does MicroSDHC work? Up to how much is the memory expandable to? If I plan on using the additional storage for music, movies, and video recording, what class speed should I look at buying: Class 2, 4, 6, or 10?

Secondly, how is the video recording? Speed, quality?

Thanks!
Leesterz
Leesterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
If the PE is like the EE then SDHC will work. I think 32 GB is the maximum that you can use. There is a fair bit of information in the old edge forums that are at the top of this forum. Have a look in there for, if nothing else, general information.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=137994

Last edited by ivanjt; 07-05-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: add reference
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 07-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome to MobileRead, Leesterz!

I seem to remember that SDHC is fine, and classes up to 10 have been found to work, but nobody was able to say what speed the EE/PE could take full advantage of, so you might base that decision on how much you're willing to spend. (That's based on my memory of the info Ivan pointed you to -- and there's lots of other good stuff in there! )

I tried the video recording once just to see if it worked, which it did.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #4
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
32 GB cards should work, though if they're from an unknown manufacturer they may not(cheap knock offs abound these days). Given the hardware I doubt it could really make use of anything over class 6, maybe even class 4, class 10 will still work, but you wont get the maximum speeds you can out of the memory.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
syclone
Zealot
syclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge iPhone 4S IPad 1 iPad 2 Nook Touch 4 Palm Pilot
internal vs external sdhc speed

Still haven't gotten my PE yet, so I'm doing a little guessing here. It's my impression that you can use the internal 3 Gigs of Memory or the external SDHC/USB memory - not both at the same time. Assuming a class 6 card, has anybody clocked the internal vs the external speed?

This forum seems very "adult" not like some of the others I have been on where there are lots of trolls lurking about (example: Priuschat.com).
syclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by syclone View Post
Still haven't gotten my PE yet, so I'm doing a little guessing here. It's my impression that you can use the internal 3 Gigs of Memory or the external SDHC/USB memory - not both at the same time. Assuming a class 6 card, has anybody clocked the internal vs the external speed?

This forum seems very "adult" not like some of the others I have been on where there are lots of trolls lurking about (example: Priuschat.com).
You can use both at the same time I think, though kennyminot will probably know more, I think if you use his method to swithc around the internal and external you may only be able to use one, but you don't have to.

And I'm very thankful for the maturity of this forum, I think the main reason is no kids are really interested in this device as it lacks the "flash" of some other, less amazing, devices.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
And I'm very thankful for the maturity of this forum, I think the main reason is no kids are really interested in this device as it lacks the "flash" of some other, less amazing, devices.
That and the fact the Mods stamp out too much sniping and bickering.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, PE, Note 8
Thumbs up Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
That and the fact the Mods stamp out too much sniping and bickering.
Indeed, Mobileread has a very dedicated staff of mods!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote