Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Great place to play with tablets

I went to Office Depot today (of all places!) and they had a great selection of Tablets. They had a Velocity Cruz (piece of Junk), Viewsonic G tablet (bad screen), Asus Transformer (amazing), Acer Iconia (mediocre), Toshiba Thrive (very nice), Hp Touchpad (wait for the next hardware version), and Blackberry Playbook (overpriced and mediocre).

It was great to be able to finally play with the Toshiba. It had a unique, almost rubberized back, and plenty of ports. Overall, it was a quality device, although a bit bulky.

Now to me, the Asus stole the show. It felt great in my hands and was very ergonomic in both portrait and landscape. It felt really light, even though it's not. And, best of all, the screen put all of the other tablets to shame. Oh, and it was only $400. If you are waiting to buy an android tablet, I see no reason to hold out anymore. Buy the Asus. I'm already scheming a way to purchase one. It was one of the few devices that was better in person than on the web.

Interestingly, the sales staff told me that the Lenovo tablet was coming soon (they had a placeholder spec sheet) and that it was 32gb and only $499. Still, I see no reason to wait with the Asus out.

As for the HP...it's not bad, but seems half baked.

Last edited by Noah98; 07-05-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote