Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
jariface
jariface began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Greetings

Hi all,

I was lucky enough to win a Kobo Touch last week, and although I had never considered the possibility that I would enjoy an e-reader, I'm already in love with mine!

I was a voracious reader in my childhood and teen years, dropped off a bit later on, and I have very rarely been reading much in recent years. Having an e-reader has completely rekindled (har har, no pun intended) my interest in books, and I'm actually reading on the bus to and from work now that I have something small enough to slide in my purse. Geez that sounds evangelical, lol, but it's true.

This site has been super useful to me, since people had already answered a few questions I came up with about functionality and compatibility, so cheers and many thanks!
jariface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi jariface and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 06-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Welcome to MobileRead jariface.

The e-reading world sure is amazing I have a similar story, I always read a lot when I was younger but as time passed books became some kind of nuisance to carry around and not so comfortable to read if they were more than 500 pages, so I almost stopped reading for a long time. But that was all until I discovered the fabulous e-readers, now I'm reading more than ever and loving each minute of it

Happy reading
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Jaiface. Happy Koboing and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote