Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
trocchietto
Groupie
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini retina, iphone5
H2O features

hi would like to know if H20 has the following notes, highlights functions would adress me to buy it

1) search notes ( linked to highlights) i use notes as tags, so i write "important" in the notes and finding the k word important so far i extrapolated the notes most important on my sony trs2', is that possible?
2) deciding from the recap highlights,notes page the max number of rows that appear per highlights( if not copyright infringements)
3) access to notes with few buttons, go back, see the recap page click to see it the page and go back the notes without hopping with too many buttons.
4) less important, export notes by email

thanks

Last edited by trocchietto; 09-08-2014 at 06:40 PM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
hi would like to know if H20 has the following notes, highlights functions would adress me to buy it

1) search notes ( linked to highlights) i use notes as tags, so i write "important" in the notes and finding the k word important so far i extrapolated the notes most important on my sony trs2', is that possible?
2) deciding from the recap highlights,notes page the max number of rows that appear per highlights( if not copyright infringements)
3) access to notes with few buttons, go back, see the recap page click to see it the page and go back the notes without hopping with too many buttons.

thanks
The Aura H2O has the same software as other Kobo ereaders. There's an annotation menu where you can see all of your notes, highlights, and bookmarks (from a single ebook). You can also show just one of the 3.

You can sort by date or location in the ebook.

There's no search option for the notes.

2, I'm not sure how many notes can be shown at a time.

3, There's no easy way to go from a specific note to its location in the ebook and then go back to the note.

4, I don't see an export function for either email or, say, Pocket.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
The firmware for most of the Kobo Readers is the same. So what the Glo, Touch, Aura, Aura HD have, the Aura H2O has as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
killer007
killer007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: none
i notice there is not light on/off button, and you can't do two fingers to turn the light bright and dim like the Aura, will that changed later?

I saw the h2o review on youtube
killer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #5
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, iPad MiniRet, MBP;support AuraHD,Kindle,2xKobo Glos
You can't export notes by email, but you can grab the text of your highlights/notes with KoboUtilies, can't you? And copy to clipboard, to put wherever you like.

There's a one-finger light swipe in the new firmware for the recessed-screen Kobos.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #6
killer007
killer007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy bluekiller007 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: none
um.... so i guess that will changed if they upgrade their firmware?
killer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #7
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer007 View Post
um.... so i guess that will changed if they upgrade their firmware?
Not sure what video you were watching, but if they have firmware 3.8.0 on it (the most current) it will have the one finger light adjustment. Whether they had bothered to update to 3.8.0 or knew enough to run one finger along the left edge of the screen to adjust the light I can't say.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:09 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
As others have said, the H2O runs the same firmware as the other current Kobo ereaders. It seems to have 3.7.0 after the setup, but might get 3.8.0 when the device is actually released.
Quote:
There isn't a search function in the annotations. Kobo have redesigned the annotations list and it did have a non-working search function. But, that has disappeared in 3.8.0. Hopefully they will finish the function and return it soon.
Quote:
I'm not completely sure what you are asking. But, there isn't a maximum number of annotations you can make. I don't think I have exceeded 100 in one book, but I definitely have gone past 50.

If the question is how much text can you select, in an epub, you can select the text on one screen. For kepubs, you can go over multiple screens, so I don't know if there is a real limit.
Quote:
As well as going back to the annotations list, annotations in a book are shown as highlighted text. Pressing in this will select the highlight and display a menu. From that, the annotation can be edited or removed.
Quote:
Kobo do not have a way to get the annotations out of the device. But, there are three different ways in calibre, a file that can be read depending on the book type and some scripts people have written. Plus, there is a hidden option in the firmware to export them to a file on the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:38 AM   #9
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: iPad
I guess you can export / sync your annotations into the comment field metadata in Calibre, at least I did it sometimes with my Aura HD. Then you can search them too. Sort of a workaround, but better than nothing.
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote