Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
Berserk
Berserk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Best app for reading manga

I recently bought a kobo glo HD (I haven't opened it yet).
I'm planning on reading, but also for manga. Is the device suitable for it, will the whole page fit on the screen?

Also, from what I understand, the standard reader is quite slow for pdf etc, what's the best alternative reader, specially for manga?
Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:53 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
The Kobo firmware supports both CBR and CBZ. When reading these, the default will be to fill the screen with the image. You can also zoom the images as needed.

PDFs are more complicated. Some are very slow, but there isn't a good pattern for this. The real issue is that the screen size is too small to make reading most PDFs comfortable. Most need a larger screen and the navigation in the default reader leaves a lot to be desired.

The best thing you can do is try them. Put a sample of what you read on the device and read them. If you don't like it, then try different formats or try KOReader.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote