Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 05:55 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Unhappy Help ! - reader gorn in mysterious circ's.....

This is looking set to be one of those days...............

I just downloaded their "Reader" software from Fictionwise / B&N after using the 50%off coupon to buy a book.
Wasn't quite sure how to go from there, so dropped them an email, no great rush, check this evening.
Then thought I'd check on something in Sony Reader Library before I went out to work.........
To find I can't open Reader Library - which was fine earlier, before I dealt with Fictionwise after seeing the offer here.

Anyone got any possible try-its/suggestions - and yes, the software is soggy, but I'm trying to wean meself off it.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Sorry you are having problems. Just a quick question so others may be better able to help.
Quote:
To find I can't open Reader Library - which was fine earlier, before I dealt with Fictionwise after seeing the offer here.
I see you have the Sony 650 and 350 and you mention you already have the Sony Library installed plus it has worked before.
Quote:
I just downloaded their "Reader" software from Fictionwise / B&N after using the 50%off coupon to buy a book.

What "Reader" software did you download from Fictionwise / B&N ?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, it was offered, and suggested I needed it to d/load the book purchased, I've deleted it to see if that was the problem, but it hasn't helped.
It was called Reader, and it installed OK and left an icon.
It just came up as I carried out the process of buying & paying.
It's not there any longer, but I still can't open Reader Library.

Which is a bugger, 'cos all the books I've so far d/loaded are there, obviously, and I've now got the two PRS 's using it.

I've had no real prob's with using the Sony Reader library, but I could see Calibre would be better if I could handle it !
AND, I managed to put my first book in the Calibre Library today , so progress !

But I still can't work out what's happened to the Sony s/ware. The icon's still there, it's in the Windows list of programmes installed, and comes up on the add/remove facility on Control Panel.

I is confused, greatly........
Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 AM   #4
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1
carpetmojo

try to follow this procedure
HTH
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard

Mark - only had a quick peek, but I'm on Windows XP . And the software is the Fictionwise /B & N "eReader for Windows" that is offered. I just assumed it needed d/loading, certainly the inpression I got - and what's one more library !
Old 06-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
carpetmojo
Wizard

Panic over (ish) !

I lost patience and turned off whole network at the mains.
Switched back on.
Reader opened.
"Go figure" , I believe is the appropriate statement....