Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Ozor
Ozor began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone
Monocle in Calibre's Content Server

Could someone tell me the status of adding Monocle to Calibre's Content Server? If no one is working on this I may take the plunge and see if I can hack Monocle into the webserver.

Thank you,
Matthew Ozor
Ozor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's on my TODO list, but I have other priorities at the moment. Feel free to hack on it. Integrating monocle into the CS should be fairly trivial.

The hard part is writing a new iterator class that the ebook viewer and the content server can share, that caches the exploded ebooks files and supports concurrent access, annotations, etc.

But to start with you can just use the current oeb.iterator to enable basic read access with no caching. I can always re-write it to use the new iterator when the new iterator is ready.

Ask if you need guidance around the CS code.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Ozor

I started this afternoon familiarizing myself with the source tree and located the modules I would need to revise in the server. My question for you is there a way to compile just the calibre-server and not the whole distribution? I was having trouble following the build sequence.

Thank you
Matthew Ozor
Old 06-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I suggest you dont compile anything at all. Setup a calibre development environment by following the instructions here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html
Old 06-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
Ozor

Thanks for the link and the quick reply. I read that page this morning too.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Couple of other tips is to run the content server as

calibre-server --develop --auto-reload

this will cause it to output a verbose log to the console and also auto reload itself if the python source code changes (though I'm not a 100% sure if that works with CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM