Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-18-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
All in One: added bookmarks

Hello!

I've done first step with bookmarks in all-in-one ipdf. It's working now.

Whats done:
1) You can add bookmark for page by pressing icon which following by "pan" icon.
2) You can view and navigate bookmarks by pressing "sort" icon.
3) Bookmarks are stored in manifest.
4) Now it is possible to add just 10 bookmarks (I need to display them in several pages)

What I plane to do:

1) Add comments to bookmark
2) Devide bookmark in to pages
3) More nice design of bookmarks view
4) Pre-load of bookmarked pages

Please, if somebody will try to use it - be careful. I am not sure, that it works correct, so using of this ipdf is on your responsibility.

With best regards,
Mikhail Kostousov

Moderator Edit: For an easy installer to use with firmware 2.11 see this post
Attached Files
File Type: gz ipdf_bookmarks.tar.gz (742.6 KB, 1195 views)
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Excellent! I don't know if I'll have time to test this before your next revision comes out-- if I do, I'll post comments. I really need this sort of functionality.

Can the bookmarks be named, or is that the "comments" function you mentioned?

Also, do you have an Amazon wishlist or some other way of contributing something to you? I already gave you some Karma, but this is a huge help to me, and I always said I would pay for this functionality if it were made available.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Great, thats what i was hoping for.
I will test it later on.
Are all the other features still in (fullscreen etc?)
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Great Job!

Hopefully this can be merged into iRex's main ipdf branch. I've made a post over in the iRex forum.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #5
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
This is just first "release" of bookmarks. Now I see that I forgot something

I can add this functionality to official iRex ipdf branch. But, I am not sure, that iRex will have it. I developed bookmarks for my self, because I suddenly realized that I spend much time just to open correct page. So, I tried. I have no experience in GTK programming, and have no time to get it. So, I created bookmarks dialog by X graphics. May be, it is not good. But I found, that dialog is showed a bit quicker than GtkAuth dialog, and I spend less time, than I would spend with GTK.

I hope, that I will find some time to complete bookmarks. Probably, at next Sunday I will add names and comments.

By the way, did somebody test it?
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
This is cool. Thx. It is working like a charm.

Mike, can it be that you forgot to strip the binary? It's pretty large w/o it.

[EDIT:] Yes, all other features like fullsreen are in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ipdf.bookmarks.png
Views:	1297
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	5629  

Last edited by yokos; 09-19-2007 at 12:06 PM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Great. I do very much like it. Thanks alot.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #8
emkay
Zealot
emkay began at the beginning.

This is really useful,along with all the other great work done on IPDF.
Thanks!
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #9
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Fantastic! And it's nice to see a new contribution to ipdf!

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I'm very excited about it. It would be VERY useful. If you add functionality to make comments for each bookmark, I wonder if they could be little handwriting-boxes? That way we wouldn't have to mess around with the keyboard. Although probably a text-box would be easier to implement.

Anyway, excellent work, and I'm looking forward to trying it!
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the input box can take text, the handwriting version of the keyboard input tool can be used. That's what Adam B. did with Gargoyle.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:42 AM   #11
emkay
Zealot
emkay began at the beginning.

jharker, you beat me to the punch.
I was just going to ask for the same thing, along with a request to have slightly smaller bookmark entries (not so tall) to allow for more per page.
I've just started doing some course work again, and I've been using the bookmarks feature. I'm starting to wonder how I managed without it last time. It's not so relevant for reading fiction I suppose, but for other contexts I can see it becoming indispensible.
Scribbled bookmark descriptions would be great!
emkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #12
johnsidi
johnsidi began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
How can I install this new version?
Thanks in advance!
johnsidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #13
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Is a stripped binary coming, or should I just go with the current version? I've been holding off just a bit to save space.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #14
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Is a stripped binary coming, or should I just go with the current version? I've been holding off just a bit to save space.
You run linux don't you? Why not just get a copy of binutils and run the strip command on it? I think it can strip any binary, regardless of the architecture.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:18 AM   #15
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
I stripped the binary: before 1,49 MB, after 99 KB. This is a nice saving.
I tested the stripped binary, it is working.

So nekokami or others, do you wanna earn some karma?
You could replace the binary of the flying around ipdf replacement script.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf.bookmarks.stipped.zip (42.9 KB, 791 views)

Last edited by yokos; 09-24-2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: This a != This is a
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote