Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Saladin1
Saladin1 began at the beginning.

Device: KSO
KSO power off issue

Hello, I just got my new KSO, I really like it, but I have a small issue, I can't turn it off, I know I can continue using it with sleep only, (without powering it off), I've seen in the manual that I must slide and hold it 7 seconds it will close completely, but when I did that, screen turns to white, black for a second, and then white again, I thought it's now closed, but when I open it again it didn't load from the beginning, it just show the last page, loading appears only if I restarted it from settings, is that normal? thanks alot
Saladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(1/2/3/dx), nook, nookcolr, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Yes, it's normal.

Also, turning it off isn't recommended, unless you won't be using it for a while - it takes more power than leaving it in sleep mode (startup vs. wake).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Power off is not the same as a restart (reboot). What you describe seems normal. As koland says, it is usually better to put it to sleep, instead of turning it off.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Saladin1
Saladin1 began at the beginning.

Device: KSO
Thank you very much for the quick response..
the only confusing thing now is how it consume energy in start-up in case of powering it off while it start-up in a moment, and to the last position as I leeave it
Saladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
I'm going to add a question to this thread since it is very like my question: so how DO you turn it off? And if you need to restart/reboot, how do you do that?

(And why would such a basic question not show up in the manual?)
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #6
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2, iPad Mini
Cool first chapter of the users's manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
I'm going to add a question to this thread since it is very like my question: so how DO you turn it off? And if you need to restart/reboot, how do you do that?

(And why would such a basic question not show up in the manual?)
all your question are answered in chapter 1.1 near the end of the section under the heading 'power switch'.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #7
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Thanks, I finally found it. The guide is hard to navigate as it does not have page numbers, and the section numbers are hard to find unless you go through every page. Finally did that and found it.

Perhaps I just don't understand how to navigate in the Kindle yet, but it seems to me there could be a better of way of navigating the manual, since it is presumably made for people who are new to kindle.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #8
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2, iPad Mini
Cool TOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
Thanks, I finally found it. The guide is hard to navigate as it does not have page numbers, and the section numbers are hard to find unless you go through every page. Finally did that and found it.

Perhaps I just don't understand how to navigate in the Kindle yet, but it seems to me there could be a better of way of navigating the manual, since it is presumably made for people who are new to kindle.
use the table of contents (TOC). to go to it directly from anywhere in a book menu -> find -> table of contents.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote