Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
damo
damo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Coming out of the bushes...

Got a Sony Reader for Christmas - it's been a lifesaver giving me easy access to good English reads over here in Japan.

I've been lurking around the forum for a while, but I've finally been driven out of the bushes because I'm tearing out my hair trying to get my reader to display Japanese!

I've been scripting up a little flashcard-generator, but it's no good if the reader can't display 'em (;>_<)

Anyways kudos and thanks to the dedicated tweakers and hackers who've made this forum worth lurking about in - よろしくね ~Dave
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
have you thought of using html2lrf or Book Designer and embedding a Japanese font?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #3
damo
damo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Thanks for your advice, but for this application the thing is to keep it light. A Japanese font will weigh in at 800k-8mb so embedding it in each instance would add up quickly. Luckily I've gotten it working, and ideally I should be studying right now (;^-^)7 I've actually gotten it finished thanks to the kindness of everyone around and hopefully I will put up some finished results for others to use in the near future~~
damo is offline   Reply With Quote