Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #106
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I second The Outsider by Albert Camus...
Stephen_Melling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #107
Patricia81
Patricia81 began at the beginning.

Device: none
My favorite one is "Crime and punishment" by Dostoievsky. I love Russian writers and most of all I like Dostoievsky's characters which always seem so real. That's what i love about his books, the psychological descriptions and analyzes.
Patricia81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 07-29-2011, 05:45 PM   #108
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
The Count of Monte Christo by Dumas is a fun read of revenge, not too deep but redeeming qualities. In the Top 10 on my list of classics.
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #109
Pax
Zealot
Pax knows what's going on.Pax knows what's going on.Pax knows what's going on.Pax knows what's going on.Pax knows what's going on.Pax knows what's going on.Pax knows what's going on.Pax knows what's going on.Pax knows what's going on.Pax knows what's going on.Pax knows what's going on.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I have never read any Verne but was never really interested in 20,000 Leagues.

However, this book looks very interesting, as I mentioned earlier in the thread that one of my favourite classics is "Robinson Crusoe". I love good "stranded on an island" type stories.
Oh, I also enjoy the "stranded theme". I think, you will like The Survivors of the "Jonathan".

If you have good recommendations about the "stranded themes", please leave me a message (PM).
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #110
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Treasure Island

I just downloaded Treasure Island for Kindle so I could have the experience of reading a childhood paper favorite on a new platform and at a greatly advanced age. Plus my daughter is related to Stevenson..
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote