Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #1891
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I used the 50% off coupon to get a few more Georgette Heyer books. I think I'll get a few more before it expires.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #1892
Jdschi
Connoisseur
Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.

Device: Nexus 7.2, PW2
I just got two more books that were on top of my TBR list, for $0.99 each! One of those I had even pondered to get one or two weeks ago (at around $8) and managed to make myself to only get the sample. Whew! Also, it's amazing that only the two books I did NOT get in my "OMG it's 50% off" Kobo-craze are heavily discounted now (instead of, say, exactly the books I bought).
I have actually lost count over how many ebooks I got the last two weeks now (15?) but since those include the top 10 of my TBR list or so, all is well! Off to read!
Jdschi is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #1893
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
It is times like these that make one glad one was restrained at other times. I've bought about 20 this month in the 50% offer and a few other bargains. All favourite authors or wishlist items.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #1894
faithbw
Fanatic
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
Freebies are a waste of time not cash, besides the free classics.
I used to get the free for a limited time books.
They were all bad and I never actually finished reading one.
I feel the same. I only completed a couple. The rest were duds. So i stopped downloading them. I've bought more e-books than I normally do this month because of Kobo's 50% off coupon. I felt bad at first but then I told myself that since I don't normally buy ebooks and since they were all half off, I shouldn't feel bad at all.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #1895
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle 3, Sony PRS-505, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S II
That Kobo 50% off coupon is bringing out the worst in me. I'm trying VERY hard to resist and I still keep buying books with it that have been in a "well, maybe" status on my various wishlists for years, which I'm not even entirely sure about wanting to read... :-/

On the other hand, I'm trying to tell myself it's helping to broaden my horizons and maybe some day I will actually want to read those books. Tastes change over time and all that?
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #1896
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapyap View Post
That Kobo 50% off coupon is bringing out the worst in me. I'm trying VERY hard to resist and I still keep buying books with it that have been in a "well, maybe" status on my various wishlists for years, which I'm not even entirely sure about wanting to read... :-/
I would suggest that for that kind of book you should (assuming you have a large TBR pile already) wait for them to be much better than 50% off - perhaps even wait for them to be offerred for free.

So long as you have a large TBR pile, you should only be buying books that are at a good discount and by favourite authors or on a wishlist. Not on a "might be nice" list.

And while 50% is a good discount, it's 50% off the Kobo price, which might make it only 30% off the Amazon price.

I confess to sometimes failing to follow this advice myself.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #1897
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle 3, Sony PRS-505, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S II
My problem is that I know all that, but ... it's just hard to impossible to resist!

In my defence, it's the only real addiction I have, and I have a niggling fear that if I managed to deal with that one, I might turn to something more unhealthy instead.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #1898
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
My addiction just saved me money!
I went to buy a book and discovered it had previously been published under another title and I already had it! Ta dah! Saved myself 77p.
At least my purchasing tastes are consistant.
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #1899
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color / Nook HD+
I just picked up The Samurai Banner of Furin Kazan by Yashshi Inoue. At 50% off I could not resist. If Barnes and Noble and Amazon would allow discounts and coupons for ebooks I might have bought it and others from them.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #1900
Rev. Bob
Guru
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapyap View Post
On the other hand, I've been using it to convert some classic Ent-corpses into electrons. The two six-book Dresden Files collections are pretty irresistible at $30 each, coming out to $5 per book...especially since my physical copies are packed away in storage or are otherwise hard to get at. My Stephen King collection is the same way, but I'm being much pickier with digitizing it; collections and new stuff come first, then I can fill in individual novels as convenient. Sadly, there are a few gaps in that set, but at least fewer than in the Robert Heinlein canon...
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #1901
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Nook Touch, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite
Hello, My name is KyBunnies and I am a book addict. I currently have over 15,000 digital books in Calibre and more print books than I can count.

I attended RWA in July and left with over 300 books.

According to my son I need to find a new addiction and get rid of all the smush books cluttering up the house or at least collect classics or sci-fi books for him
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #1902
Katsunami
Wizard
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
At 50% off I could not resist.
That coupon is fracking evil.

When buying at Kobo US, and using that coupon, I can get books for €2.45 that would normally cost me €6.49. My Forgotten Realms collection has increased considerably.

If this coupon would last much longer, I would be posting in this thread about each day.

Wizards of the Coast is also evil. They started to refer to other Dungeons and Dragons worlds in the Forgotten Realms novels (and the other way around). They now actually write series that span multiple D&D worlds, and almost any book in any series/world refers to another book in another series/world.

If you're wondering what some "remark in passing" to a location, person or event means, then we can almost quote Steve Jobs:

"There's a book for that."

IT SHOULD BE FORBIDDEN!

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-26-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Katsunami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #1903
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse

I've just bought another book. (New book, favourite author, not a silly base price, and 50% off. Who could resist?)

And while the Sept50 code runs out in a few days, there's another multiple use 50% off code that doesn't expire until 15th October!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #1904
Katsunami
Wizard
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Which one?

Oh crap....

Oct50?
Katsunami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #1905
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Which one?

Oh crap....

Oct50?
No, BookRiot50

Valid now. Expires Oct. 15th or so. Multiple use.

(I bought Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson.)