Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-02-2016, 10:43 PM   #1
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
3M Cloud is now Cloud Library - Anybody tried to get help?

I figure since there's a topic in here lambasting how wretched the latest incarnation of Overdrive is... Has anyone been beset by the latest "Cloud Library"?

First a question - any likelihood that the folks that run this forum will add a "Cloud Library" section down below any time soon?

A great many of the libraries here in Minnesota seem to be jumping on the Cloud Library band wagon... Which would be less than optimal given the massive productivity loss associated with trying to use the thing with more than one library. But, when you factor is the inability to get an online answer to even a trivial question like "I found and borrowed an AUDIO BOOK from the St. Paul Cloud Library. HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THE #$%^&*() THING SO I CAN LISTEN TO IT WHEN AND WHERE I WANT TO?

So far, I can't find a SINGLE way to contact anyone form whatever company perpetrated this thing on us. Not be email. Not by phone. NO CUSTOMER support. NO TECH support. They all refer you to the "borrowing library". Has ANYBODY in here EVER TRIED TO GET AN ANSWER TO EVEN THE MOST BASIC OF QUESTIONS ABOUT DOING ANY NON-STANDARD (presuming trying to download an audiobook IS non-standard) THING FROM WHAT PASSES FOR SUPPORT ON THIS THING FROM THE LOCAL LIBRARY?

SO, here's hoping somebody in here knows: From the Cloud Library shortcut on the desktop (NOT from the browser link, which won't download ANYTHING), running the current Cloud Library, HOW do I download an audio book to my PC?
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
Red Falcon
Groupie
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
You can only stream audiobooks through the app on the desktop. You can download the books for offline use on Android, I do not know about IOS. They did manage unlike overdrive to streamline some of the features. To navigate the app is a bit easier now. That being said the app, like every library app I have used, seems like they got a bunch of drunk monkeys (No offense Tubemonkey) to design their apps.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:39 PM   #3
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank goodness, I thought it was just ME that thought every library app I've used meets your criteria for designers......

OK, so I can CHECK OUT a audio book but I can't LISTEN to it where I want to - as in FROM A FLASH DRIVE PLUGGED INTO THE SYSTEM IN THE CAR... What genius decided THAT was a good idea? ESPECIALLY since I'm getting MORE AND MORE stuck with this stupid Cloud Library app as it appears that every library in Minnesota is jumping on it...

Since I can't find any information on anything, can someone tell me HOW to get the audio book that's stuck out in limbo in the Cloud Library, down to my "Android" tablet?

Last edited by dkperez; 12-05-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:08 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone 6, etc
I really hope that my library system stays away from this service. Every time I read a thread about someplace having switched to it it sounds like a nightmare.

@dkperez, It looks like (just looking at screen shots) there is a My Books section in the app that will list what you currently have checked out & on hold (along with a history of previous checkouts) where you can select the book/audiobook to download? No idea if the downloads are MP3's (like OverDrive) where you could then copy them from the device to your flash drive or not (assuming they can be found in a folder somewhere).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:27 PM   #5
dkperez
Groupie

Well, not gonna get anything done tonight apparently... Tried to run the Cloud Library and got:

E_NETWORK: Error transferring https://service.yourcloudlibrary.com/json/rpc - server replied: Bad Gateway

I have no idea what the message means, but it fer-sher means I can't get into the Cloud Library.
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM   #6
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post

SO, here's hoping somebody in here knows: From the Cloud Library shortcut on the desktop (NOT from the browser link, which won't download ANYTHING), running the current Cloud Library, HOW do I download an audio book to my PC?
From the online help:

Quote:
Can I transfer my e-Audiobook from my PC to my MP3 player?

No. Both the PC and MAC version of the app stream the content and do not download the entire audiobook file. Transfer of the file is not available.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote