Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-13-2016, 07:37 AM   #1
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Kickstarter-funded Tstand tablet accessory has been shipping. Your experience?

Has been shipping for a while. I don't know if there is a forum for hardware accessories.

Interesting:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...et/description

http://tstand.com/

Before I pull the trigger, I would hear your experiences.

Canadian business, does it ship from China? (I'm also not based in North America. I'm not sure if it is the right forum for tablet accessories.)

Last edited by avid01; 06-13-2016 at 05:19 PM.
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:47 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6
Your Youtube video link doesn't work for me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 06-13-2016, 09:11 AM   #3
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Your Youtube video link doesn't work for me.
OK.

Using the forum code, I originally had this:

Code:
Which has been automatically converted to this:

Code:
I don't know why.

Edit: I wanted to use [ CODE ] [ /CODE ] here. Whatever, see the source code of the page?
Old 06-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6
I've corrected your original post. You were using the "YOUTUBE" tag incorrectly. If you look at the code of your post now, you'll see that all you put in the tag is the alphanumeric string that follows the "v=" part of the URL.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #5
avid01
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've corrected your original post. You were using the "YOUTUBE" tag incorrectly. If you look at the code of your post now, you'll see that all you put in the tag is the alphanumeric string that follows the "v=" part of the URL.
As there is no users manual for the YouTube tag, I used it intuitively: I just put in the whole YouTube URL. I guess, that's how it works on most forums. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2016, 11:06 AM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
It appears the kickstarter campaign is over.
It appears you can buy one for $40 if you go to that t stand link.
You have to tap on the 3 bars to get to the store.
I didn't go farther but I did see they accept Visa and PayPal and a couple of others.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:03 PM   #7
avid01
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
It appears the kickstarter campaign is over.
It appears you can buy one for $40 if you go to that t stand link.
You have to tap on the 3 bars to get to the store.
I didn't go farther but I did see they accept Visa and PayPal and a couple of others.
Oh, really?

The title says: Kickstarter-funded Tstand tablet accessory has been shipping.
The first sentence of the OP: Has been shipping for a while.
[Just couldn't squeeze the whole thing in the title.]

Am I missing something?
Old 06-13-2016, 05:10 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid01 View Post
Oh, really?

The title says: Kickstarter-funded Tstand tablet accessory has been shipping.
The first sentence of the OP: Has been shipping for a while.
[Just couldn't squeeze the whole thing in the title.]

Am I missing something?
I went here.
http://tstand.com/
and it showed they were now for sale. It said 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

So now the kickstarter doesn't matter.
See here:
http://store.tstand.com
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #9
Katsunami
Wizard
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The T-stand is an apt name Some girls and women -could- have a problem using it as intended though.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:35 AM   #10
frenshprince
Enthusiast
frenshprince began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
I ordered two in october, hoping to receive them for christmas (as promised on the kickstarter page)
They arrived in mid may... In a very cheap package sent in economic (we paid for fedex)

What can I say ?
They are really piece of ****
Buid quality is terrible, full of plastic, that make a lot of grinding noise, which make this stand unusable to me.
I gave them to my brother and my sister, but they don't use them neither.

Last edited by frenshprince; 08-14-2016 at 08:41 AM.
frenshprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:19 AM   #11
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Am I mistaken or is that a Windows screen on the tablet for their "Ipad holder" device?
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:50 PM   #12
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura hd, kindle voyage wifi, sony prs-500/prs-350/prs-t2/dpt-s1
with all this premium-ness, they forgot to make the height adjustable (for table top use)?
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:38 PM   #13
bellian
bellian began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenshprince View Post
I ordered two in october, hoping to receive them for christmas (as promised on the kickstarter page)
They arrived in mid may... In a very cheap package sent in economic (we paid for fedex)

What can I say ?
They are really piece of ****
Buid quality is terrible, full of plastic, that make a lot of grinding noise, which make this stand unusable to me.
I gave them to my brother and my sister, but they don't use them neither.
You saved me money my friend, not buying it now after reading this.
bellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:06 PM   #14
xoanohn
xoanohn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo h2o, ipad pro 12.9 inches
I backed this on kickstarter also. Very cheap feeling, came months late, and the creator nickeled and dimed everything.

It is functional, but very very very cheap feeling. maybe worth $5 from the dollar store.
xoanohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #15
Alpha o
Groupie
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Obsidian
The old Acer A-500 used to have an aux. stand you could buy. It also charged the unit, which was a big deal as that particular Acer did not, could not, would not charge by USB.

OTOH, It did have a full sized USB slot on the tablet. You could watch or stream various downloaded info to the television screen via HDMI.
I now have its newer iteration. It does charge via USB, but I also have plenty of the cheap tablet holders once given out by every merchant with their logo on it. Just found all of them, too.
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote