Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
mamon77
mamon77 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY e650
Kobo jumps back on page flip in ePubs

Hi,
I posted this yesterday in Kobo forum, but I'm thinking this is more of a conversion problem than Kobo itself so I'd like to ask here as well.

I have a following problem with my Kobo: I have a few polish e-books which were published as pdfs. These pdfs don't look very well on kobo so I used callibre to convert them to ePubs.
Things are great on my Sony PRS-650. But on Kobo, everything is fine at the beginning but in some books once I get to a certain page (usually around 140 - 170), a page turn results in Kobo jumping back several pages and there is no way of getting beyond that original problematic page - once I reach it an flip a page it goes back again, and as a result I cannot go through entire book.
Something must be going wrong with the conversion, but I don't even know where to begin debugging it. I tried all kinds of settings and at one point though I had figured it out as for one book the conversion with heuristic processing turned off resulted in a book which I was able to read to the end. But for other books it doesn't help. I though it may have been the ePub splitting setting (default at 260 kb) but I tried various settings but the results usually is even worse.
Anybody experienced anything like that, or knows how to approach this problem? I searched all over and either I'm the only one with this problem, or I'm not hitting the right keywords as I cannot find anything similar to my problem.
Thanks
mamon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Manichean My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Cybook Gen3
Since the books seem to work on a Sony, why do you figure this would be a conversion issue? From what you wrote, this sound like it would be some issue with the Kobo.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote