Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
kveroneau
Edge User

Has anyone seen the HSN infomercial?

I assume some people on these forums ordered theirs from HSN, considering they sold over 11,000 units for enTourage.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1q4GGnFGLw

Are the numbers at the bottom of the screen correct on how many they sold? Or does HSN use fake numbers just to try and sell additional product? I found this video very educational in the fact that HSN agreed to help sell the product and how fast the product actually sold. Educational from a marketing stand-point.

Is there a place on the site which publicly displays how many active eDGe users there are? I am sure enTourage knows the exact number, due to the registration process on the eDGe.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Private companies usually don't publish numbers. Even Amazon has been mum or vague at best at indicating the number of Kindles sold.

Having said that, enTourage has officially said they sold over 14,000 PE's on HSN:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanic
Boris,

I can confirm over 14K were sold by HSN.

Tom

Advertisement
Old 12-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
kveroneau
Edge User

That is great news! There will be many happy people on Christmas day who receive this as a gift. This also boosts my confidence that enTourage will be around for quite awhile too, hopefully someday surpassing the iPad. If enTourage keeps creating innovative portable devices such as this, I'm sure they could easily revolutionize the portable device market. The choice on choosing an ARM processor with Android over an Intel atom processor with Windows 7 was one of the best choices they could make. The first netbook(Eee PC) should have chosen an ARM processor, this would have made netbooks more of a reality back then. All Netbooks really are(unfortunately), is a smaller version of a notebook, with worse specs and about 1 hour(if that) extra battery power.

In all regards, the Pocket eDGe is a true netbook! It's shaped like a book, has great battery life, and is extremely portable(just as portable as my cell phone). I don't require an extra bag to care it, it actually fits in my jacket's inside pocket. I think websters should re-define the term "Netbook", and it give to a product such as this. Those other "netbook imitations" can basically be called "miniature notebooks". Why is the word "net" in netbook? It sure doesn't mean, it's a full featured notebook, that is miniaturized. The enTourage eDGe in all regards is a "true netbook", it provides the purpose of it's name, it connects you to the Internet, and a library of books, hence the name "net-book"!