Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
LeRoy
Edge User
 
Is there a Kindle App For eth eEDe?

Are there any Kindle apps for this tablet?

LeRoy
 
Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User
 
http://www.4shared.com/file/iJO3dpjR...nkindle-2.html
 
Old 12-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
OncTech
Edge User
 
Yup. There is a Kindle app, a Borders app, a Barnes and Noble Nook app and a Kobo app. The problem is, you have to have market access to download them.

However, because they are free apps, a person can download them on another android device or emulator that does have market access and then back-up the apk files, which can be used by anyone, including being added to the edge.

To save you the trouble, I have done just that for all 4 apps and have uploaded them as a zip package here for anyone who wants them.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4gbd9p5bgrcs9kt

These are current as of 10/28/2010
 
Old 12-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User
 
Excellent idea, OncTech!
 
Old 12-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
Dr. T
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OncTech View Post
Yup. There is a Kindle app, a Borders app, a Barnes and Noble Nook app and a Kobo app. The problem is, you have to have market access to download them.

However, because they are free apps, a person can download them on another android device or emulator that does have market access and then back-up the apk files, which can be used by anyone, including being added to the edge.

To save you the trouble, I have done just that for all 4 apps and have uploaded them as a zip package here for anyone who wants them.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4gbd9p5bgrcs9kt

These are current as of 10/28/2010
Wow! Thanks so much for all of your work!!
 
Old 12-13-2010, 05:14 AM   #6
ShiningT1g3R
Edge User
 
I agree--Thank you so much! But how do we put these on the eDGe exactly?
 
Old 12-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #7
OncTech
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningT1g3R View Post
I agree--Thank you so much! But how do we put these on the eDGe exactly?
Download it onto your eDGe (such as by going to this forum via the browser). Unzip it, where you will find 4 *.apk files. An APK file is an installer, and works much like a "Setup.exe" on a windows-based machine. Just open each one, and it will prompt if you wish to install. Do so and it does the rest.
 
Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #8
borisb
Edge User
 
I think the ES File Explorer will allow you to extract (unzip) the ZIP file...
 
Old 12-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #9
aidren
Edge User
 
Yes! Thank you, both.

Quote:
To save you the trouble, I have done just that for all 4 apps and have uploaded them as a zip package here for anyone who wants them.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4gbd9p5bgrcs9kt
Quote:
I think the ES File Explorer will allow you to extract (unzip) the ZIP file...
 
Old 12-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #10
Eddy R
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OncTech View Post
Yup. There is a .... app, a ..... app, a ...... and a ...... app. (added .... etc., etc..) The problem is, you have to have market access to download them.

However, because they are free apps, a person can download them on another android device or emulator that does have market access and then back-up the apk files, which can be used by anyone, including being added to the edge.

To save you the trouble, I have done just that for .... apps and have uploaded them as a zip package here for anyone who wants them.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4gbd9p5bgrcs9kt
......Answers the 'Can you...?' and 'How can you....?' questions. Re-insertion in appropriately headed thread might provide wider dissemination.

Thank you
 
Old 12-15-2010, 05:45 AM   #11
amartyn57
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OncTech View Post
Yup. There is a Kindle app, a Borders app, a Barnes and Noble Nook app and a Kobo app. The problem is, you have to have market access to download them.

However, because they are free apps, a person can download them on another android device or emulator that does have market access and then back-up the apk files, which can be used by anyone, including being added to the edge.

To save you the trouble, I have done just that for all 4 apps and have uploaded them as a zip package here for anyone who wants them.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4gbd9p5bgrcs9kt

These are current as of 10/28/2010
alrigh what am i doing wrong here...i downloaded the file to my edge and when i went to install the files individually it says no app is available. can someone help me out here much appreciated!!!
 
Old 12-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #12
borisb
Edge User
 
Welcome to the forums, amartyn57

Did you unzip the file you downloaded? Use ES File Explorer to find the file (likely in \sdcard\download), tap-and-hold on it and "extract". This should result in 4 APK files appearing, which you can then tap to install.
 
Old 12-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
amartyn57
Edge User
 
sweet it worked thanks alot for the quick reply borisb!! I look forward to talking with all of you on the forums. Quick question any apps out there you suggest downloading?
 
Old 12-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #14
OncTech
Edge User
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amartyn57 View Post
sweet it worked thanks alot for the quick reply borisb!! I look forward to talking with all of you on the forums. Quick question any apps out there you suggest downloading?
Loads of them that I think are great. See the APKs thread for reviews and download links by members of this forum.
 
Old 12-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #15
borisb
Edge User
 
Also check out the first section in http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...-Basket-Part-3.
 
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bargain (Kindle app) Nickel Buddy's Workout Partners on Kindle ($0.99) arcadata Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) 0 05-23-2011 05:52 PM
Free (Kindle Game App) CodeWord (Codewords and Cryptograms for Kindle) arcadata Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) 3 03-31-2011 10:24 AM
Her: heavy Kindle user; Him: wants just 1 or 2 books on Kindle Blackberry app steveinphilly Amazon Kindle 4 11-10-2010 06:09 PM
Kindle app for iPad appears in the App Store pilotbob News 46 04-06-2010 08:25 PM
kindle app? is it possible to design a app to full support PDF? lili1989 Amazon Kindle 12 02-05-2010 05:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.