Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
robinb6261
Edge User

Unhappy Stuck in registration "Initializing" e-reader Step 8

Can anyone help? I was going thru the registration process on my new entourage eDGe, and when it come to calibrating the screen it wouldn't respond. I read support, and followed the suggestions they had, but still nothing is working. The screen blinks several times, but continues to stay at the initializing screen. the tablet side will not let me go any farther until it gets thru the calibration.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Dr. T
Edge User

You could always try resetting the eDGe. If you have the pocket version, there should be a reset pinhole on the back. For the full-sized version, you can just pop out the battery. Give that a shot and try again, maybe.

Enthusiast
Old 11-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
borisb
Edge User

Just found a knowledgebase article on this, robin, if Dr. T's suggestion doesn't work. See https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=228.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
robinb6261
Edge User

Borisb & Mr. T

I have done all of the resets that I know of or have found regarding this. I have followed the knowledge base article with all the same results. It gets to the "Initializing" screen on the e-reader and will not go any farther than that. I would like to find a way to bypass the setup wizard at least temporarily. If anyone has any ideas on that, it would be very very very appreciated.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
robinb6261
Edge User

Ok, update..... I let it set on the initializing screen all night. When I got up and checked it this morning, I was able to complete the setup. Thank you to those that gave suggestions.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Glad to hear you're all set now Thanks for posting how you finally got it to work - this helps me let the next person know what to do

Old 11-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
Dr. T
Edge User

That's great news, Robinb! Glad it worked. Those initial setups can take quite some time... though I haven't heard of it taking all night. Thanks for the update!

Old 11-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Glad to hear you're all set now Thanks for posting how you finally got it to work - this helps me let the next person know what to do
Okay, but why did it have to sit so long? Surely this is not typical!

Old 11-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #9
borisb
Edge User

It probably didn't need hours, maybe needed only 5-10 minutes. Leaving it overnight simply helps relieve the frustration when nothing is working

It's possible the eDGe was busy in the background working on something that was causing the calibration app to appear essentially non-responsive. These are just the guesses of a programmer, though. Ultimately, computers are mysterious illogical devices that defy understanding at times