Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
Compiling iLiad toolchain for MacOSX

Hi!
Did anybody try it?

I am trying to compile toolchain on Mac, but didn't sucseed.
Code:
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_udivsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_udivsi3.o
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_divsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_divsi3.o
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_umodsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_umodsi3.o
I cannot find, where is the problem. It seems that libraries use hardware floating point operation, but how to force libgcc_s.so.1.tmp to be compiled with hardware FP, I don't know.

Any ideas?
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:30 AM   #2
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad, onhandpc, newton, zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kostousov View Post
Hi!
Did anybody try it?

I am trying to compile toolchain on Mac, but didn't sucseed.
Code:
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_udivsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_udivsi3.o
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_divsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_divsi3.o
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: ERROR: libgcc/./_umodsi3.o uses hardware FP, whereas libgcc_s.so.1.tmp uses software FP
/opt/iliad/arm-linux/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file libgcc/./_umodsi3.o
I cannot find, where is the problem. It seems that libraries use hardware floating point operation, but how to force libgcc_s.so.1.tmp to be compiled with hardware FP, I don't know.

Any ideas?
Have you tried using crosstool? That's the way the unofficial toolchain was created.

Documentation about how it was done is here:

http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Note...sing_crosstool

Hope it helps.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
Thanks. I will try, but not now. For now I've solved problem with remote linux.
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
nathany
Enthusiast
nathany began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Air and Preview
I don't have an Iliad atm, but I am interested in what you come up with (beyond a VMware session).
nathany is offline   Reply With Quote