Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Other Books

Notices

Old 09-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Austen, Jane: Emma HTML (PDA and iPhone-friendly) with curly quotes etc

This is an html version with curly quotes, em dashes, italics, foreign accents for people who care about these things.

It's formatted to be PDA (mobipocket) and iPhone-friendly, as well as looking OK on a full-size screen (but I haven't tested on an iPhone so I'd be interested in any comments on how it looks on an iPhone). It hasn't got a TOC because for some reasons links within a document don't seem to work in mobipocket reader.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Austen_Jane_Emma.html.zip (318.4 KB, 1445 views)

Last edited by andym; 09-11-2007 at 02:07 PM.
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Actually, links within a MobiPocket book do work. Check out Overclocked Stories of the Future Present for an example.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, links within a MobiPocket book do work. Check out Overclocked Stories of the Future Present for an example.
I don't understand why, but while they work within prc files I can't seem to make them work with html files. And texts from manybooks.net don't work either so I don't think it's me.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How did you go about creating this edition?
Old 09-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
andym
Groupie

Quote:
How did you go about creating this edition?
With a text editor (Textmate). My Windows machine is out of action at the moment so I don't have access to Mobipocket Creator.
Advert
Old 09-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
With a text editor (Textmate). My Windows machine is out of action at the moment so I don't have access to Mobipocket Creator.
Are you going to create an LRF version? If not, I may take a shot at it.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #7
andym
Groupie

Quote:
Are you going to create an LRF version? If not, I may take a shot at it.
Yes - please do. Part of the reason for posting in html is that it's available for people to convert whatever format they have (and using the tools I don't have access to).

I've used the convention of book title as an h1 heading, volumes as h2 and chapters as h3 - if that helps compile the TOC.

Last edited by andym; 09-11-2007 at 02:15 PM.