Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
LarsonMattr
Edge User

When I fold my edge screens back to make a tablet, touchscreen is disabled..?

With the last software update, I've noticed a new behavior of my eDGe device, which I don't really like. I used to fold the screens back to put the e-ink screen behind the lcd screen when I just want to use the lcd screen (browsing, apps, etc).

However, now when I fold the edge like this - it actually disables the touch screen interface on the LCD. I would like to have an option or something at least to return the old behavior. Its nice sometimes not to have to have both screens in front of you just to use the LCD.

Is my device the only one doing this, or is this really some software change that was made in the last update?

-Matt

Old 08-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
walt526
Edge User

I'm able to fold mine back as you describe without any problems, both before and after the last firmware update.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
NiaTrue
Edge User

This has happened to me two or three times; rebooting fixed it each time. Considering the workout mine gets, I haven't considered it a major problem (yet), though it was annoying when it happened.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
nprnncbl
Edge User

Does it unlock if you press the menu button?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
LarsonMattr
Edge User

nothing fixes touchscreen..

Rebooting, the menu button, none of these fix my problem. The touchscreen can be used only when the device is flat (more specifically, when the touchscreen is in plane with the speaker strip or more acute angles). If I press the menu button, the current apps menu will appear. Interestingly, touching the screen the causes the menu to retract (the hardware definitely working). However, I can't press any buttons or slide the screen. This just happened with the last update and is quite lame. As a user, I should be able to choose to have thebtouch screen work when screens are folded back...

Old 08-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #6
robot
Edge User

Hmm, mine touchscreen allways work, no matter how I fold it. Probably You better need to contact EE's support and ask them if it is normal behavior.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
Snow
Edge User

Larson,

Please submit a ticket to www.entourageedge.com/support and someone will be in touch