Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
pietg
Edge User

Journal: new page / space maker

I really like using the journal for my work.
But there is one thing I don't like and should need to be adjusted in a future release.

Many of my notes are made during meetings.
During these meetings many questions are noted. Later I need to answer those questions and I want to put the answers in my notes, under the questions.

The problem is that I often create to much space with the Spacemaker-tool. Or there isn't any space left on the page.
So this leads to objects/text going "under water" (excess vertical space). Many times now I already "lost" notes this way and needed to cut&paste notes so that the notes in the excess vertical space are visible again.

I would like to see that the Journal creates a new page for the text that is below the maxium vertical space.
For me it doens't need to be instantly, it is enough when it's done the moment I save the journal.

Regards,
Piet

Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
done
Edge User

Hi Pietg,

We already have a feature request in for this and will hopefully be able to include it in a future release. In the meanwhile I do have a work around that may work for you. If you encounter this situation again, try inserting a blank page after the one you would like to add space to, and then copy and paste the question or item you want to update, and then insert your new notes there. Not the most elegant solution but hopefully it will serve as a band-aid until we can implement your feature request.

Regards,
Dan

Old 07-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
pietg
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by done View Post
In the meanwhile I do have a work around that may work for you. If you encounter this situation again, try inserting a blank page after the one you would like to add space to, and then copy and paste the question or item you want to update, and then insert your new notes there.
Thanks for the suggestion.

But notes are also minutes (for me) from the meetings. And I need them to stay in sequence of the meeting.
For now I am copying all notes after the question to a new page.
Add the answer and afterwards place some of the notes back.

But it's good to know that the feature might be in a future software update.