|06-04-2011, 03:06 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2011
I Would like to announce two things.
(I want to start by apologizing if this is in the wrong forum for any reason.)
I have been a pretty regular customer over at the KindleBoards and I think It's time I move out of my comfort zone and attempt to reach a bigger audience.
My name is Kristian Dalglish I am a software engineer and I have created a software suite that is geared towards tracking Amazon Books, I know this forum pertains to just about every device and platform out there. But I figure Amazon being one of the powerhouses in the industry there will be plenty of people who would like to hear about this.
This program, or software suite, does A LOT of things, I am going to list as many features as possible and some screenshots of the program to give a look and feel to what I'm describing.
Features as of 2.8:
* Track Amazon rankings from paperback or e-book. (Red and Green cells determine rank up or rank down from last update.)
* Track reviews. (ABR will keep track of how many reviews you have an let you know if there is a new one.)
* ABR gathers the title, rank, review and author of the book you choose and adds it to a list, that can be updated by itself or as an entire list.
* ABR features an option for just about everything, including: turning off or on the highlighted cells for rank up and rank down. Turning off notifications and warnings. Turning on auto-update with time ranges from 10 minutes to 1 hour.
* If you are an author and use KDP, ABR will allow you to directly link into your reports so you can view them immediately from your desktop.
* ABR features a "Book Viewer" this addition came with 2.8. What it allows you to do is simply right click and then go to "Book Viewer" once loaded the viewer will pull any and all books from your list that have atleast 1 review. And allow you to read the latest review as well as the star ratings and percentages right on your desktop.(Screenshots below.)
* Note system. The note system allows you to choose a book and write your own note about it, and to read the note after creating it. Simply hover over your book in the list and the note will appear in a bar below the list.
This has been an on going project and has evolved into something quite major. and the best part is... It's FREE! (Donations accepted.)
-------------------------------------- PART 2 --------------------------------------
This second announcement is another project that I have recently launched and am trying to get off the ground. It is entitled: The Writer's Radio.
Writer's Radio is a corroborative thought between healeyb and I where authors can submit recorded excerpts of their books (We do have individuals that maybe able to help with recording if you wish.) The site will be organized by genre with the list of books to choose from, once choosing a book the user is presented with the cover art, recorded excerpt, and a typed out version of what is recorded. If you choose not to record the excerpt(or have it recorded for you), you may still submit the cover art and typed version of the excerpt if you would like exposure. Beneath all of this will be links to purchase your book from your providers.
Taking submissions to try and build a library:
Requirements for submission:
1. Cover art image included. (.gif .jpg .png .bmp)
2. Recorded excerpt. (If you choose not to record that is fine, just please include a detailed excerpt from your book.)
3. Typed version of recorded excerpt.
4. ASIN/ISBN to the book.
5. Any other information you would like posted with your excerpt.
6. Where your books are available and links of possible.
7. I would prefer if the excerpts are no longer than 2-3 paragraphs, will keep the recordings slightly shorter and won't lose listeners interest too fast.
Please email the requirements above with the subject line "Excerpt: Book Name" to email@example.com
Lets get a catalog going guys! This could be a great idea, and great exposure for your books!
I'll release the site to the public as soon as I get a decent amount of excerpts. Then from there, we just build on!
For more information on Amazon Book Rankings visit http://www.amazonrankings.com/ . I will also be releasing information on Writer's Radio there, until I'm ready to release the site to the public.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|announce thread for new releases||cybmole||Calibre||4||01-15-2011 08:35 AM|
|I'm thrilled to announce my books have gone Kindle!||cahocking||Introduce Yourself||15||12-12-2010 05:23 AM|
|Pandigital announce the black Novel||Nate the great||News||0||08-18-2010 06:21 PM|
|iLiad ANNOUNCE: Lua5.1 package for Iliad||hansel||iRex Developer's Corner||128||11-21-2009 07:23 AM|
|Proud to announce our new moderator!||Alexander Turcic||Announcements||5||12-09-2003 12:18 AM|