Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Amazon Cloud - get Lady Gaga for 0.99 and 20Gigs

Amazon has a promotion. Buy Lady Gaga's new album for $0.99 and your 5 gigs of Cloud storage is upgraded to the 20 gig plan for free for 1 year.

(So many people did this over the last few days it crashed their server)

I have not figured out how to do it but people tell me we can upload ebooks, and other things.

I plan to upload some Audiobooks so I can listen at home and at work.

Amazon is smart. They are giving you 15 gigs of extra space for free for a year and assume you will want to continue at this level after a year.

Also - Lady Gaga's album and other Amazon-purchased albums do not count against your storage.

Kind of cool.

They do make you click "I Agree" to some terms that basically says YOU are responsible for all the material you upload in terms of copyright violations. This is how they cover their butts in case someone forces them to search the cloud to find pirated media.

Here is the link about the cloud drive and the offer and prices:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/learnmore

Last edited by FatDog; 05-26-2011 at 04:09 PM.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
mapabl
Enthusiast
mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: iPad 4, iPad Mini, Rooted NookTablet, NookGlo & SonyT1
I just did it

Thanks for the info. I just signed up and uploaded the Gaga album for $.99. I will later try to upload some of my ebooks and see how easy they are to retrieve from my iPad or Nook Color. Interesting concept and I hope it works as well as it's tauted to.
mapabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
The Lady Gaga album is here btw:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051QIGP4/?tag=discounter-20
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR Glowlight, Sony T1, Acer Iconia A200
Well crap. I bought it from Napster Monday night. Granted, I used my free credits so it only cost me $1.09, but still... I should learn to be more patient.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
The special edition of Born this way has a 2nd CD with some remixes and the 1st CD has 17 songs instead of 14. What a joke for the non-special edition.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The special edition of Born this way has a 2nd CD with some remixes and the 1st CD has 17 songs instead of 14. What a joke for the non-special edition.
Oh sweet! I don't feel so bad now since I only paid 0.10 more and got the Special Edition. My regret is assuaged.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, iPad, iPhone 5, Sony T1, NOOK HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Well crap. I bought it from Napster Monday night. Granted, I used my free credits so it only cost me $1.09, but still... I should learn to be more patient.
This deal was a repeat of the one Amazon had all day Monday. I bought it Monday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Oh sweet! I don't feel so bad now since I only paid 0.10 more and got the Special Edition. My regret is assuaged.
...although it does sound like it worked out better for you to buy it somewhere else.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
This deal was a repeat of the one Amazon had all day Monday. I bought it Monday morning.

...although it does sound like it worked out better for you to buy it somewhere else.
Well, Mondays are difficult for me. I generally don't know what day it is until close to evening - I just run on autopilot. But yes, it worked out nicely!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #9
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
got mine last night, no issues, in fact it was soo quick I thought I missed a step.

Now 20 Gigs for me Woo Hoo
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (recycled), PRS-350, Surface RT (for comics)
How do you upload ebooks to the Amazon cloud?
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #11
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
How do you upload ebooks to the Amazon Cloud
The MP3 cloud player has a small app that takes care of .mp3 files.

You have to use the more generic upload/download instructions here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200653250

You find your Cloud drive interface here:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/re...acd_urc#path=/

They already have a Documents, Music, Video and Pictures folder. Click the Upload Files button in the upper left and you should be able to pick local files to upload.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
I didn't get the Lady Gaga album because it's not 99 cents anymore, but I bought some weight loss hypnosis album (that I won't be listening to) and got the 20 gigs.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote