|06-20-2014, 09:27 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2014
[GUI Plugin] Full Text Search (SOLR)
This is the first version of Full Text Search plugin using Apache Solr.
you can download the plugin here in the attachment or here (my google drive):
and you can find the configured solr distribution here:
1. install "solrfulltextsearch_plugin.zip" plugin as usual in calibre
2. unzip "solr_dist.zip" somewhere on your hard drive
3. install java jre 1.7 if you dont already have it (it wont work on earlier versions)
4. in calibre open solr full text search preferences
4.1 set calibre library dir to your library dir. use forward slashes (even on windows) and dont include end /
4.2 set your jre path. if its in the path you dont need to do this.
4.3 set path to solr dir (where you unzipped it in step 2)
5. click "create solr index" to create new index. this will take a while. currently there is no reporting on the process. but you can open your browser to http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/dataimport to see the status.
6. once index is created you can click solr full text search and browser will open with the search application. it will search full book contents and show you snippets.
i will provide some screenshots later
- improve apache solr configuration to show better results
- improve index create/update so it will report on the status of the process
- integrate search inside calibre (instead of running in browser)
- remove calibre lib dir setting (its redundant, calibre already knows where the books are)
if you have comments/questions/suggestions/problems ... i will be monitoring this thread.
Last edited by peterpisljar; 06-25-2014 at 02:17 AM.
|08-09-2015, 07:53 AM||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2015
Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Using Calibre SOLR plugin
I would like to use this plugin under Windows 10.
The provided zip file has a folder at the top level - Calibre does not accept this as a valid plugin file - I repackaged a zip without that high level folder and Calibre imports the plugin successfully.
After Import (to Calibre 64 bit) I get told I need to restart Calibre before configuring - I restart Calibre and then get the exact same message again.
Any advice on what I am doing wrong please?
|08-09-2015, 08:16 AM||#3|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
This plugin has not been updated for QT5 (the UI library used by calibre) and still needs QT4.
This means it will not work under calibre 2.x versions.
|full text search, search, solr|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[GUI Plugin] Search the Internet||kiwidude||Plugins||232||07-10-2015 10:24 AM|
|[GUI Plugin] Clipboard Search||kiwidude||Plugins||9||08-12-2014 03:36 AM|
|[GUI Plugin] Walk Search History||kiwidude||Plugins||11||07-14-2014 05:11 AM|
|[GUI Plugin] Recoll Full Text Search||Satas||Plugins||9||04-14-2014 03:49 AM|
|Make a simple Plugin for Full Text Search using Recoll||Satas||Development||9||07-20-2013 04:15 PM|