Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
LadyKate
Addict
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Question about Calibre Server

I set up the Calibre server for the first time but when I go to an author and select it then choose sort by Series it lists the books in descending order. Is there a way to display them in ascending order?
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
I set up the Calibre server for the first time but when I go to an author and select it then choose sort by Series it lists the books in descending order. Is there a way to display them in ascending order?
Weird

Using Firefox (on XP)
Series (and others) is displayed Ascending
aa
ab
ac
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:41 PM   #3
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
If I go to a particular author then the list is sorted by author (ascending). If I then sort by series, I see the list sorted by series (descending) then series_index (descending), which is what I assume LadyKate is seeing..

I know of no way to invert either of these sorts.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I only looked at Series Name

I guess the logic is that many folk read a series BOOK when released, so they want their latest fix at the top
Old 05-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #5
LadyKate
Addict
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Ahhh that makes sense. And yes, it is the number only I was talking about.

This is the first time I've used this feature to give others in the house access to my library so I was looking around to see how it works. Didn't think to mention it was only the number lol
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #6
theducks
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
Ahhh that makes sense. And yes, it is the number only I was talking about.

This is the first time I've used this feature to give others in the house access to my library so I was looking around to see how it works. Didn't think to mention it was only the number lol
You did imply it (I revisited your OP), I was just to dense to get it at first