Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
djpyle
Writer
djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Paperwhite 1, iPad 3
FREEZE—horror, suspense, and monsters

Well, it took a couple of months longer than I expected and ended up being almost twice as long as I intended, but Freeze is finally here.

About the book:

A raging snowstorm has stranded Tess and Warren in their mountain home with no power and little heat. When an accident leaves Tess coughing up pools of blood, Warren has no choice but to brave the storm in search for help.

He's afraid he'll be too late.

But what he should be afraid of are the creatures slinking through the blizzard and watching his every move.

What they're saying:

"No one can deny that this is an excellent monster book, that’s for sure."
—Candy's Raves

The book is DRM-free everywhere.

I hope you'll check it out and come back to let me know what you think.

Thanks for reading!

Dan

Last edited by djpyle; 06-16-2011 at 06:00 PM.
djpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Excellent!

*pushes to the top of the TBR*
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
djpyle
Writer
djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!djpyle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Excellent!

*pushes to the top of the TBR*

I hope you enjoy it.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Great read! 5 stars!

Posted a bit of a terrible review (because I suck at writing them) over at goodreads, as well as B&N.com

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/166294238
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
djpyle
Writer

Thanks, Joe!

I'm glad you liked it, and I really appreciate the review. It's not terrible at all.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
djpyle
Writer

The Smashwords version is now live: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/59170.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
Stephanie1981
Enthusiast
Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle app
Added this one to my wish list (love the cover!) and bought Down the Drain. Will review both when I finish reading them!
Stephanie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #8
sakman70
sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakman70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle (droid)
Good job, Dan - looking forward to reading Freeze! By the way, what's the UK price (as I may give a shout out to friends across the pond). Did you go 1.49?
sakman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
djpyle
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie1981 View Post
Added this one to my wish list (love the cover!) and bought Down the Drain. Will review both when I finish reading them!
Thanks, Stephanie. I hope you enjoy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakman70 View Post
Good job, Dan - looking forward to reading Freeze! By the way, what's the UK price (as I may give a shout out to friends across the pond). Did you go 1.49?
Thanks! The UK price is £1.99, and I would sincerely appreciate a shout out. For whatever reason, my work hasn't gained much traction in the UK.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #10
djpyle
Writer

For all you fellow Kindle users, Amazon has dropped the price of Freeze to $1.99.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #11
djpyle
Writer

Freeze made it up to #2 in Horror on iBooks last month. Thank you to everyone who picked up a copy!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
djpyle
Writer

Freeze got another five-star review on Amazon today. Check it out here.

I hope you're all staying cool this summer.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #13
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Excellent story. I'm a pretty seasoned horror fan and not much gets to me but it was creepy as hell. I'll post a review when I have more time.

I also have Dismember but haven't gotten to it yet (massive backlog). I have read the sample though and I know it will be right up my alley.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #14
djpyle
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
Excellent story. I'm a pretty seasoned horror fan and not much gets to me but it was creepy as hell. I'll post a review when I have more time.

I also have Dismember but haven't gotten to it yet (massive backlog). I have read the sample though and I know it will be right up my alley.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I hope you like Dismember too.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #15
djpyle
Writer

This review is a bit old, but it's one of my favorites and I realized I never shared it here.

Journal of Always gives Freeze five stars.

"Freeze is a gem of a short novel that will leave you panting by the end. It’s the perfect creature feature, hitting all the right emotional notes, making you care, cringe, and rattle your teeth at the same time. And once you finish, you’ll never be able to hear a scratch at your window on a cold winter night and pass it off as nothing again."

You can read the full review here.

I hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of summer.

Happy reading!